Repair: Tripath Class TA2020 Amplifier

rejeeb

There is a problem with my Tripath Class TA2020 Amplifier, only one channel is working. Any idea is it possible to repair it in Bangalore? Any references?

Thanks

There is a problem with my Tripath Class TA2020 Amplifier, only one channel is working. Any idea is it possible to repair it in Bangalore? Any references?

Thanks
If it's a Topping tp20, try rotating the volume knob fully to max, then min a couple of times. With power off. And then check the channels.....

Help ! My Topping TP20 is not working :-(
My original power adaptor had stopped working some time back, so I had bought a local 12V 2A adaptor to run this. The adaptor conked-off, and now when I try with a different adaptor, there is no sound output from the amp.

I am not a DIY guy, but did manage to open up the amp and looked inside and checked out a few things with a multimeter. Here are the observations:
1. Blue LEDs working
2. Voltage across all components on the board seem ok.
3. The heat sink attached to the chip is getting TOO HOT TO TOUCH after a few minutes? Is this normal?
4. There is no output at the speaker outs.

Any suggestions? Any place in Bangalore I can take this to be checked?
Really sad, as I really loved this amp for my bedroom setup (it is paired with CA S30s)

Thanks.

This indicates that chip is gone. Replace it. Try to get one from online.
Regards

Thanks for the quick diagnosis. This forum is great! Let me search for a chip online, heard that these chips are difficult to come-by these days. Any pointers on any other equivalent chips that can be used for replacement?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back