Request advice for Stereo Amplifier Selection

Rjoshi

Hello,

Would like to request advice to select the right Stereo Integrated Amplifier

I have a spare pair of Wharfedale Diamond 220 bookshelves. I am thinking of using them to create an audio setup in my open terrace. Its 800 sq.ft open space (partly covered on top) and I do know any simple setup will not be great but at least something which can give medium loud music for the a party (around 15 sq ft from speakers, 10-15 people) will be enough !! anyway don't want to get a noise compliant !!

I did some looking around (this forum, google) and within a 25K budget (can stretch little) I could find below options. Input will be via phone - MP3 / FLAC / Spotify / Amazon Music etc. Would like to have Bluetooth and a remote control for volume. Please advice which one would be best. I dont really understand the Watt -Ohm !!

1. Yamaha RS-202 Stereo Receiver with bluetooth. Approx INR 21K (has remote). 100W @ 8 Ohm. Availability seems limited.

2. FX Audio M160E Amplifier with bluetooth 4.0. Approx INR 8K (has remote) 85W @ 8 Ohm

3. FX Audio D502 integrated amplifier. No Bluetooth and will need to add something like TPLink (INR 3K) or higher end Auris Blume HD (INR 9K). But interestingly it has a sub-woofer pre-out to connect active sub-woofer. If it can be loud enough I would like this option but loudness I cant figure out as its only 45W @ 8 Ohm and much lower than other options.

4. Norge 2060 amplifier - no remote. Approx 18K ? (dont know). The bluetooth 2060 UBT version (with remote but no volume change) read somewhere the bluetooth is buggy so will avoid. 65W @ 8 Ohm. Will need to add the bluetooth device so will go INR 22-27K. Then all other options seem to be better !

Will greatly appreciate your advice on the above and if you can make some different suggestions within the budget. Looking forward to hear back

thanks
RJ

Hello,

I have a spare pair of Wharfedale Diamond 220 bookshelves. I am thinking of using them to create an audio setup in my open terrace. Its 800 sq.ft open space (partly covered on top) and I do know any simple setup will not be great but at least something which can give medium loud music for the a party (around 15 sq ft from speakers, 10-15 people) will be enough !! anyway don't want to get a noise compliant !!

I did some looking around (this forum, google) and within a 25K budget (can stretch little) I could find below options. Input will be via phone - MP3 / FLAC / Spotify / Amazon Music etc. Would like to have Bluetooth and a remote control for volume. Please advice which one would be best. I dont really understand the Watt -Ohm !!

1. Yamaha RS-202 Stereo Receiver with bluetooth. Approx INR 21K (has remote). 100W @ 8 Ohm. Availability seems limited.

2. FX Audio M160E Amplifier with bluetooth 4.0. Approx INR 8K (has remote) 85W @ 8 Ohm

3. FX Audio D502 integrated amplifier. No Bluetooth and will need to add something like TPLink (INR 3K) or higher end Auris Blume HD (INR 9K). But interestingly it has a sub-woofer pre-out to connect active sub-woofer. If it can be loud enough I would like this option but loudness I cant figure out as its only 45W @ 8 Ohm and much lower than other options.

4. Norge 2060 amplifier - no remote. Approx 18K ? (dont know). The bluetooth 2060 UBT version (with remote but no volume change) read somewhere the bluetooth is buggy so will avoid. 65W @ 8 Ohm. Will need to add the bluetooth device so will go INR 22-27K. Then all other options seem to be better !

Will greatly appreciate your advice on the above and if you can make some different suggestions within the budget. Looking forward to hear back

thanks
RJ
Do check out Aniket's amp ( Discrete Dynamics, Delhi) - you will get more music and more power than what you will pay for :):)

Hello,

thanks
RJ
If sound quality is one of your priorities then invest in a budget DAC also. My suggestion would be Norge 2060(with or without UBT)/ Norge concerto 1000 + schit modi 3/ ifi Zen DAC (or Zen blue if you need only Bluetooth ) ( if really required any Bluetooth receiver for 1 to 2k. Note- you will be able to connect your mobile phone to the DAC using the USB cable) should come around 27k (15 + 12 + 2k). This will sound better than budget integrated amps. For one box solution you can consider denon pma 600ne integrated amp which is quite good. Also call and check with the seller for best deals if purchasing online.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back