Request for suggestions on buying a new 75inch LED TV

chemmba

Hi All,

I am planning to buy new 75th TV. I already have new Nvidia Shield TV pro (which I believe still the poineer and baap of all smart devices, excellent upscaling and great HDR+ and Dolby Vision capabilities with very strong motherboard and RAM). So having said that, my main priorities in the new TV would be on Picture Quality (without having Blooming effects, DSE, bleeding etc..), decent sound, eARC, DV, HDR 10+, not sure about 120hz (as I do not play games), also need Deep Blacks (no Grey Blacks).

I have few considerations in mind such as Vu Masterpiece Glo 75th, TCL C835 75 inch and also Sony X80k, Sony X90k (65inch, 75inch would be above my 2.5L), Samsung QN90A, QN90B (both 65 inch) and Samsung Crystal 75BU800.
As we have been hearing blooming effect on Vu Masterpiece and reviews are mixed (as some say excellent picture quality while some say not great) so a little confused whether really go with QLED Full Aray of Vu Masterpiece, TCL C835 Mini Led OR just go with Sony X80k 75inch or Sony X90k 65 inch or Samsung QN90A or B 65 inch?

While some told me I can go with Sony X80k as Sony's processor and motherboard are way better than Vu Masterpiece OR TCL C835, they also mentioned that QLED, Full Array features of Vu Masterpiece and TCL C835 are not comparable to Sony X80k while some other told me as that as I am having Nvidia Shield TV box so I can go with Vu Masterpiece of TCL C835 or even Samsung Crystal.

Very confused brothers, really need your honest suggestion and help please. My budget is around 1.5L. (I do not want to go with OLED as they have serious Burn-In issues with life span of 5 years)

Thanks in Advance for your time.

Regards
Ravi

Vu masterpiece glo 75: will have some blooming but overall picture quality will be good, but below TCL and mi

TCL C835: best picture quality but hard to get and price above 2 lakhs for 75

X80: don’t buy. If you’re buying Sony, go for at least X90 series and preferably X95

QN90A/B: wait for qn90c

Mi q1 75: IMO the best option

I’m also looking for an LCD around 2 lakhs. The current offerings are not great. I’d suggest waiting till Diwali. We’d have QN90c, TCL c845 and maybe mi q2.

I’m really excited for c845

Vu masterpiece glo 75: will have some blooming but overall picture quality will be good, but below TCL and mi

TCL C835: best picture quality but hard to get and price above 2 lakhs for 75

X80: don’t buy. If you’re buying Sony, go for at least X90 series and preferably X95

QN90A/B: wait for qn90c

Mi q1 75: IMO the best option

I’m also looking for an LCD around 2 lakhs. The current offerings are not great. I’d suggest waiting till Diwali. We’d have QN90c, TCL c845 and maybe mi q2.

I’m really excited for c845
Thanks so much bro for the prompt reply. Today I went to Bajaj Electronics, and found that Samsung QN95B very great. Even it is very very close to QN90B. Saw X90K, honestly Not that Great. What do you think bro?

For 65inch QN90B they told best price as 1.19L. Tempting price but Yet again confused :) Somehow mind is going towards Vu Masterpiece considering 1.2L the budget for 75inch, otherwise wouldn't even consider this TV.

For a great immersive viewing experience at a viewing distance of 10feet .. would that really matter between 75 or 65 inch? OR Should 65inch would suffice and be great for 10 feet distance to get a great immersive experience?

Please help others also by replying and guiding.

Last edited:
Thanks so much bro for the prompt reply. Today I went to Bajaj Electronics, and found that Samsung QN95B very great. Even it is very very close to QN90B. Saw X90K, honestly Not that Great. What do you think bro?
X90k isn’t supposed to compete with QN90B or 95B. X95K is the competitor.

So yes, X90k won’t match up well
For 65inch QN90B they told best price as 1.19L. Tempting price but Yet again confused :) Somehow mind is going towards Vu Masterpiece considering 1.2L the budget for 75inch, otherwise wouldn't even consider this TV.
1.19 is an amazing price for QN90B. Did you ask the price for 75 inch. If it’s around 2 lakhs that’s a steal.

Nah, I’d rather take Samsung 65 at 1.19 than VU 75. The PQ difference is massive.
For a great immersive viewing experience at a viewing distance of 10feet .. would that really matter between 75 or 65 inch? OR Should 65inch would suffice and be great for 10 feet distance to get a great immersive experience?

Please help others also by replying and guiding.
65 inch at 10 feet looks good enough. 75 will look better but for under 10 feet I wouldn’t bother with a significantly worse TV like VU

X90k isn’t supposed to compete with QN90B or 95B. X95K is the competitor.

So yes, X90k won’t match up well

1.19 is an amazing price for QN90B. Did you ask the price for 75 inch. If it’s around 2 lakhs that’s a steal.

Nah, I’d rather take Samsung 65 at 1.19 than VU 75. The PQ difference is massive.

65 inch at 10 feet looks good enough. 75 will look better but for under 10 feet I wouldn’t bother with a significantly worse TV like VU
Have a MI 75 QLED. No problems and worth the price. Got one yr back at 1.25

Have a MI 75 QLED. No problems and worth the price. Got one yr back at 1.25
I was talking about the VU, not the Mi. The VU has an IPS panel which is gonna lead to bad black levels. Mi has VA so it’s fine.

Neither of them compare with the QN90B though. QN90B can do excess of 2000 nits vs 800/900 on VU/mi and has 720 zones vs less than 200 on VU/mi.

The mi isn’t worth it because it’s a 2 year TV set. It was good value at 1.25 lakhs back then. At 1.45 lakhs now it’s a terrible value.

If it went down to 1 lakh I’d say go for it. 1.45 is a hard nope. You can get the TCL C835 for under 2 lakhs now which is a way better TV than mi q1

There is a good chance mi will come up with the q2 or a successor this year.

Neither of them compare with the QN90B though. QN90B can do excess of 2000 nits vs 800/900 on VU/mi and has 720 zones vs less than 200 on VU/mi.

The mi isn’t worth it because it’s a 2 year TV set. It was good value at 1.25 lakhs back then. At 1.45 lakhs now it’s a terrible value.

If it went down to 1 lakh I’d say go for it. 1.45 is a hard nope. You can get the TCL C835 for under 2 lakhs now which is a way better TV than mi q1

There is a good chance mi will come up with the q2 or a successor this year.
Thanks so much for the insights. Planning mostly for QN90B 65inch. Thanks again.

For 65inch QN90B they told best price as 1.19L
65inch QN90B for 1.19L seems too good to be true, please check if they are selling you the display unit.
Also check if other shops are also quoting similar price before proceeding.

Thanks so much for the insights. Planning mostly for QN90B 65inch. Thanks again.
Which city are you in? If you’re in Bengaluru we can buy together and get some extra discount for 2 pieces.

1.19 lakhs is making me interested

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back