Review: Gangs of Wasseypur original DVD. Worst quality, don't buy it !!

technobhatt

I have been desperately waiting for the Bluray of GOW to be released.
Why shouldn't I...this is a great movie in all aspects and I can watch it again and again :)
Last Sunday, I found the DVD in a local store and could't resist buying it.

But, I was highly disappointed with the quality of this DVD.
I felt like watching a CamRip download from internet....Such a bad quality DVD it is !!
Picture is full of pixellation and I had a horrible experience while watching it on 40" screen. It even looked bad on my 14" computer screen.
Dolby Digital sound is also not upto the mark. Sound doesn't seem to come clear enough on center speaker.

I had recently bought DVD of 'Vicky Donor' as well and it looked pretty good on my 40" screen, but GOW DVD is shame on DVD standards !!

I wrote a review on FlipKart as well, so that these production houses stop fooling customers with such bad quality products.

I have been desperately waiting for the Bluray of GOW to be released.
Why shouldn't I...this is a great movie in all aspects and I can watch it again and again :)
Last Sunday, I found the DVD in a local store and could't resist buying it.

But, I was highly disappointed with the quality of this DVD.
I felt like watching a CamRip download from internet....Such a bad quality DVD it is !!
Picture is full of pixellation and I had a horrible experience while watching it on 40" screen. It even looked bad on my 14" computer screen.
Dolby Digital sound is also not upto the mark. Sound doesn't seem to come clear enough on center speaker.

I had recently bought DVD of 'Vicky Donor' as well and it looked pretty good on my 40" screen, but GOW DVD is shame on DVD standards !!

I wrote a review on FlipKart as well, so that these production houses stop fooling customers with such bad quality products.

ya i read about in other forums too that its dvd is crap and no hope for blu ray version coz i know it will be same, eagle screws most of its movies

it's old collection looks good but lot of scratches on the movie reel also u can see the ffects , they say they digitally remastered the av of movie , av definately sounds good but pq is not so good.

also there only only 2or 3 movies by eagle which looks good on blu ray the hurt locker , disctrict 9 and i guess the expendables rest are shit quality

Do you have any idea/experience about the DVDs of Hollywood movie/serials. I was about to order How I Met Your Mother (Season 7) on flipkart. Please suggest what to do. Do they really delete the reviews/comments?

Most likely flipkart will delete your review.

Surprisingly, the negative review still exists there !
Good to see Flipkart respecting honest opinions of customers :)

Do you have any idea/experience about the DVDs of Hollywood movie/serials. I was about to order How I Met Your Mother (Season 7) on flipkart. Please suggest what to do. Do they really delete the reviews/comments?

I think DVDs of Hollywood material sold on Flipkart are at par the DVD standard, Audio-Video quality is good and most of the movies/show are in Anamorphic 16:9 format if applicable.
Most of them are produced by Disney or Reliance Home Entertainment, AFAIK.

I have heard that Flipkart keeps deleting negative reviews, but it doesn't happen always.

And how's the movie?

Movie is great. After such a long time a good film in Indian Cinema.
Each and every aspect of the film is outstanding.

If you haven't watched it yet, watch it right away, you will not regret rather enjoy.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back