ringing sound in ht??

manu4panjab

hey brothers when i clap my hands or strike two wooden pieces together i hear ringin sound like ' booooooiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnng' how to eliminate it should i add more bass traps on wall/ceiling corners or what please reply

' booooooiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnng'

Manu, whatever said and done, you do have a way of expressing things that always brings a smile to my face. :)

This is because you room has reflective surfaces and the clapping sound is creating an echo. Is you ceiling very high? Walk around the room and see of you get the sound in all places.

As I said before, you need to get a sound engineer and get your room acoustically treated.

Cheers

Last edited:
i hear ringin sound like ' booooooiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnng'

Hi:

A 'ringing' sound can't be like 'boooiiiiinnnnnnnnnng' as you mentioned. AFAIK, a 'ringing' sound can be heard inside your ears or head (tinnitus), and that is definitely not due to 'reflection' inside your head or ears.

Having said that, it's definitely echo or reflection from your walls and not otherwise stated. Howz your savings going ji ?

:)

Manu, whatever said and done, you do have a way of expressing things that always brings a smile to my face. :)

This is because you room has reflective surfaces and the clapping sound is creating an echo. Is you ceiling very high? Walk around the room and see of you get the sound in all places.

As I said before, you need to get a sound engineer and get your room acoustically treated.

Cheers

:D thanks sir ,ceiling height is 10 feet

Manubhai,

If you haphazardly keep stuffing bass-traps and some more of such stuff constantly in your room, very soon you are going to seriously start looking for "bigger amps" as all the power from the existing one will be eaten up by these stuffing.

So buddy, cool down, relax and enjoy some good music & some nice movies with the family esp. with your very cute daughter and STOP thinking what sounds are coming out from the wall, ceiling etc.

regards!

thanks bhai

Hi:

A 'ringing' sound can't be like 'boooiiiiinnnnnnnnnng' as you mentioned. AFAIK, a 'ringing' sound can be heard inside your ears or head (tinnitus), and that is definitely not due to 'reflection' inside your head or ears.

Having said that, it's definitely echo or reflection from your walls and not otherwise stated. Howz your savings going ji ?

:)

my ears are fine brother :) and saving is going good :cool:

Manu bhai,
You can eliminate this menace by NOT clapping or striking wooden pieces...! :p Sorry, that's just the pun.

Do you have lot of glass (like windows, large picture with glass frame, etc) in your room? If so, then these may resonate and produce your ' booooooiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnng' :) sound.

Try and move them to different locations (not the windows, but other pieces that can be moved :D - for windows, a heavy curtain would do).

If not much of glass area and still echo (sometimes due to just the size and shape of the room), you can go for sound dampening/correction solutions (depends on the size of your already bad bad wallet). But as audio_engr suggested, might make you crave for bigger amps!

Alternatively you can try simple solutions like moving around furnitures and/or placing indoor deco plants at suitable places and see the effect.

If plants are not your taste, then see if a designer rug spread on wall can help. These solutions will be pocket friendly as well as more appealing to the missus than the dampeners/traps.

Hope it helps! :cheers:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back