Rs. 1000 off on SunHD

manisharora

It seems there is an exhibition in Chennai Trade Center, Nandambakkam and for all the spot booking for Sun HD, we can get Rs.1000 off.

I read it in another forum so posted it here too...

I hope that the exhibition comes to Delhi too...

It seems there is an exhibition in Chennai Trade Center, Nandambakkam and for all the spot booking for Sun HD, we can get Rs.1000 off.

I read it in another forum so posted it here too...

Still the price for HD is is too high, I will wait for another year....

Not worth :mad: this offer....If they give free settop box and other stuffs chargeable it will be good to venture into this...

As a 'SunDirect HD' user, my suggestion is to stay as far away from this company as you can. Zero customer service, lacks many major channels, channel packages are way too expensive, you have to pay mutiple times for the same channels, issues with poor signals, code flashes on screen every few seconds for almost a minute each time and to make matters worse they disable the remote during the time the code displays. The list of issues is endless and good luck tryign to get them to resolve any issues or complaints.

code flashes on screen every few seconds for almost a minute each time and to make matters worse they disable the remote during the time the code displays. The list of issues is endless and good luck tryign to get them to resolve any issues or complaints.

It is as i said in my previous post that, it is finger printing, the code flases to remove piracy caused by people and the cable wallas.

And it is mandatory to all the DTH players to follow this rule, otherwise the channels won't broadcast it through the DTH players and it is a rule from TRAI too...

I don't know about their CC... But if there is any particular complaint then please do share it here for other to know.

code flashes on screen every few seconds for almost a minute each time and to make matters worse they disable the remote during the time the code displays.
It is as i said in my previous post that, it is finger printing, the code flases to remove piracy caused by people and the cable wallas.
I know what the code is for and also the silly reasoning behind why these companies have it. So you actually believe that by putting these stupid codes, piracy can be defeated? Even if it does, there is absolutely no justification in inconveniencing the paying customer. In any case, how can you justify the code being on screen for almost a minute each time? Don't tell me, you also find it justified, for them to disable the remote control during the time the code is onscreen. Just in case you have not realized, it means that one cannot change the channels for the netire duration the code is onscreen. You probably also think that having the code in bright/distracting colors helps even more in fighting piracy. Oh, and let's not forget the huge font size used.

And it is mandatory to all the DTH players to follow this rule, otherwise the channels won't broadcast it through the DTH players
I suppose the channels are the only one's who have rights in this country and the paying consumer can as always go take a hike. With customers themselves defending the retarded policies of companies/channels, no wonder no one looks out for the consumers interests here. After all, as the adage goes "If you want others to help you, you must first learn to help yourself".
and it is a rule from TRAI too...
Where in the world did you get the idea that it is mandated by TRAI? Do you have any evidence/links to back up this claim?

I know what the code is for and also the silly reasoning behind why these companies have it. So you actually believe that by putting these stupid codes, piracy can be defeated?

Dude, I am not saying piracy can be defected, but because you cannot access the remote or any functions, there is no chance for piracy itself...

And It is the same thing with everyone else too... I am using Tata Sky too, and it was irritating esecially during the last IPL match they just had the code for atleast once in five minutes and the code stayed there for one whole minute...

I thought the TATA sky guys have gone crazy...

But the bottom line is that even their hands are tied in this issue...

http://www.espnstar.com/corporate/legal-info/rio-tc/

Last edited:
because you cannot access the remote or any functions, there is no chance for piracy itself
How exactly does, disabling the remote, leave "no chance for piracy"? I have on atleast couple of occasions seen cable operators showing paid channels via a TataSky set-top box. In fact, this was the case with the cable operator who I used to subscribe a few years ago and I had even called TataSky to inform them of it and gave them the 'code' that was displayed. But they never id anything about it. All these codes achieve is to incovenience the customer, while piracy still continues unabated.

And It is the same thing with everyone else too... I am using Tata Sky too, and it was irritating esecially during the last IPL match they just had the code for atleast once in five minutes and the code stayed there for one whole minute...

I thought the TATA sky guys have gone crazy...

But the bottom line is that even their hands are tied in this issue...

Legal Information : DTH Reference Interconnect Offer | ESPNSTAR.com
Thank you for the link, it was quite enlightening. Two things that are very clear from this link are, that first of all, the abhorrent & obnoxious practise of displaying logos and or 'fingerprint' codes, is not mandated by TRAI. Secondly, it is not the DTH companies, but rather the individual channels that are responsible for 'trampling' on the consumers/viewers rights. If only TRAI did it's job right, our consumer rights may not have been that easily violated. But, it still does not absolve the DTH companies from using such huge and bright logos. After all the same objective could be achieved by a simple, small & transparent logo, which would not be as obtrusive and distracting as the one's curretnly being used by one & all DTH operators. One more thing, if as per their contract with the channels, they are required to carry their logo on all channels, then how come SunDIrect HD does not have their logo on any of their SD channels?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back