Safe to buy a store display unit after they replace the TV panel?

Suraj RP

I was looking for an LG QNED80 65-inch TV as I required a 120hz refresh rate TV which would be ideal for my PS5. Also, QNED performance was much better than the regular ones. Hence I was inclined towards it. Then I was informed by RD that they were selling a display unit i.e. LG C2x OLED 65-inch which is a couple of months old. He has promised to get the TV panel replaced by LG and also give me the 3-year warranty that comes with the TV. I have also asked them to give me proof of the panel being replaced.

Going through some of the threads here, the main concern was the screen hours and screen burning issues. I will check out the screen hours before they get the panel replaced. Since the TV Panel is getting replaced, there isn't anything to be bothered, right? I know that it's always a bad idea to get a store display unit but the deal is quite hard to resist.

Please give me your valuable suggestions if I can buy the store display unit :)

Quotes (With Card Discount):

LG QNED81 65' - 99,000
LG QNED80 65' - 1,05,000
LG OLED C2x 65' - 1,30,000 (Slightly negotiable)

I was looking for an LG QNED80 65-inch TV as I required a 120hz refresh rate TV which would be ideal for my PS5. Also, QNED performance was much better than the regular ones. Hence I was inclined towards it. Then I was informed by RD that they were selling a display unit i.e. LG C2x OLED 65-inch which is a couple of months old. He has promised to get the TV panel replaced by LG and also give me the 3-year warranty that comes with the TV. I have also asked them to give me proof of the panel being replaced.

Going through some of the threads here, the main concern was the screen hours and screen burning issues. I will check out the screen hours before they get the panel replaced. Since the TV Panel is getting replaced, there isn't anything to be bothered, right? I know that it's always a bad idea to get a store display unit but the deal is quite hard to resist.

LG QNED81 65' - 99,000
LG QNED80 65' - 1,05,000
Paying close to a lakh for a display/ used unit doesn't sound prudent. You can see the apparent differences in displays only in a store where they have 25-50 units displayed side by side. Once you get your TV home there is no side- by- side comparison (QLED/OLED/Micro leds, etc). Buy something new which fits your budget and which satisfies your viewing requirements/ which you fancy. Focus on TVs which have good blacks, min backlight bleed, HDR format support, full 5.1 pass thro via HDMI/Optical, VRR, etc for future expansion depending on your requirement.

LG QNED81 65' - 99,000
LG QNED80 65' - 1,05,000
buy c3 65 inch for 1.5L to 1.6L!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back