Salut fellow audiophiles

rraghuram

Dear knowledgeable audiophiles,

Introducing myself to this forum is one of the hardest things right now for the simple fact that this great forum is for the discussion, purchase and propagation of great audio gear! Sadly, I have lots of good music and but no gear at all. So, I am not sure if I fit in at all! Nevertheless, I shall plunge ahead and say hello.

Hello from Hyderabad. I decided to become a member because whenever I searched for a review or discussion of a particular piece of equipment, I invariably, ended up here! :) I am primarily interested in 2 channel audio and have a large collection of CDs, & Flacs to do justice to. I listen to everything that's worth listening to and try to have as open a mind as possible in my listening tastes i.e., free of bias - in your speak!

Are any audiophiles from Hyderabad here? I would love to meet, greet and check out their audio rig. I have been reading a lot about NAD, Marantz and Wharfedales here and elsewhere on the net and am slowly coming round to building my rig, im my mind atleast!

I look forward to your enthusiastic review and discussions of emerging, value conscious audio gear!

welcome dear, even i am sailing in the same boat as you r, i am from hyd, and desperately searching for a good 2 channel system

Hi all, I'm new to this forum as well....just ended up buying Polk audio a7 fronts.....would luv to have dedicated stereo amp....but driving these speakers thru onkyo 809....a7 rocks....Did quite a bit of research here...

Welcome fellow 2 channel audio digger !! Enjoy your time here on this forum.

Thank you my new found friends & brothers-in-amps - Kartick, Spirovious, Nallavelli, and Tasanjeev. I sure hope to learn from you guys and, hopefully, contribute to this vibrant community.

Nallavelli: I listen to a lot of stuff ranging from Jazz, Blues to Classic Rock & world music and everything in between! Of late, I am trying to collect well recorded classic bollywood (Kishore, Lata, Rafi etc.,), thanks to my mon's penchant for that kind of music. My dad digs Indian classical, so I sorta complete the picture by bringing western influences into the house! Currently, I do all my listening via PC and/or iPod + Sennheiser cans - HD180. I have been reading a lot about stereo setups and now want to have one of my own. I expect this community to help me get there. I am favoring NAD/Marantz amps & CD players and Wharfedale/Polk bookshelves. A budget setup is my priority as I don't have space & moolah for floorstanders et al. I welcome your advice and insight into choosing the right setup for my needs. Do let me know if any HFV meets happen in Hyd.

When I am not dreaming, I stay in Begumpet and work as an SAP Consultant with IBM.

Until me meet again, more power to you and your amp! ;)

Cheers. Raghuram

Hi all, I'm new to this forum as well....just ended up buying Polk audio a7 fronts.....would luv to have dedicated stereo amp....but driving these speakers thru onkyo 809....a7 rocks....Did quite a bit of research here...

Congrats mate! May they live long & sing sweetly. Would you mind letting us know the price you bought them for? I am leaning towards Polks floorstanders, so would like to know the price.

Thanks.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back