samsung 32d550 vs 32c550. Whats the difference?

Redflag

So am looking at buying a 32 inch hdtv and am looking at these two models and cant seem to figure out and major changes. Can anyone enlighten me about them? Also how's lg 32lk450? Any other good full hd hdtv in this range?

I think samsung 32d550 is 2011 model where as 32c550 is old. But there is few technical difference. 32d550 supports

Allshare (Powerd by DLNA)
Smart Phone Remote support
Wireless LAN Adapter Support
One Foot Connection
ConnectShare (USB2.0)
Wide Color Enhancer Plus

on the sound front it supports

Dolby Dolby Digital Plus / Dolby Pulse
SRS SRS TheatreSound
dts 2.0 + Digital Out
Sound Output (RMS)
Speaker Type Down Firing + Full Range

I think samsung 32d550 is 2011 model where as 32c550 is old. But there is few technical difference. 32d550 supports

Allshare (Powerd by DLNA)
Smart Phone Remote support
Wireless LAN Adapter Support
One Foot Connection
ConnectShare (USB2.0)
Wide Color Enhancer Plus

on the sound front it supports

Dolby Dolby Digital Plus / Dolby Pulse
SRS SRS TheatreSound
dts 2.0 + Digital Out
Sound Output (RMS)
Speaker Type Down Firing + Full Range

I am not sure One Foot Connection and Smart Phone Remote Support support is supported in D550. It might work in C550 as well. All the above mentioned features (there is no "feature" as "Sound Output (RMS)" - Its just the specification of sound power output).

As far as I know, no major difference.

I am not sure One Foot Connection and Smart Phone Remote Support support is supported in D550. It might work in C550 as well. All the above mentioned features (there is no "feature" as "Sound Output (RMS)" - Its just the specification of sound power output).

As far as I know, no major difference.

It seems so just rebranding the same ,I was expecting audio return channel in hdmi,5.1 audio support in digital optical output,Usb3,Picture clarity improvement.

go for sony 32 cx320. I bought it yesterday after extensive research and comparing same price group models from LG and Samsung. It can play mkv, mp4, avi, divx HD files.
If the best picture quality is your concern rather than unnecessary features, then go for it.
price 29900/-

The colour is deep natural and pleasing in the eyes. Best black level in this category. I have played 1080p Lord of the rings in both samsung and sony. Samsung image processing in this category is not better than sony, The sound is also good compared to other LCD.

go for sony 32 cx320. I bought it yesterday after extensive research and comparing same price group models from LG and Samsung. It can play mkv, mp4, avi, divx HD files.
If the best picture quality is your concern rather than unnecessary features, then go for it.
price 29900/-

The colour is deep natural and pleasing in the eyes. Best black level in this category. I have played 1080p Lord of the rings in both samsung and sony. Samsung image processing in this category is not better than sony, The sound is also good compared to other LCD.

Does it support NTFS formatted drives through USB? Can you play 1080p mkv's?

It seems so just rebranding the same ,I was expecting audio return channel in hdmi,5.1 audio support in digital optical output,Usb3,Picture clarity improvement.

Even I feel its just cosmetic changes Samsung has done for this year's models like smart hub, etc. ARC might be there (need to look in the manual) as they are boosting of HDMI 1.4, however like last year, ARC and Optical output might still carry 2.0 PCM for any HDMI based audio.

price 29900/-

Does it play ALL the video formats and containers at 1080p? I was thinking of sammy 32d550 which will cost around 33k and give full HD with all those features and more.

Last edited:
Even I feel its just cosmetic changes Samsung has done for this year's models like smart hub, etc. ARC might be there (need to look in the manual) as they are boosting of HDMI 1.4, however like last year, ARC and Optical output might still carry 2.0 PCM for any HDMI based audio.

They are using HDMI 1.4 in 3D models only,since they are not mentioning complete detail of their tv spec most probably they are hiding something from customer(ie there is no ARC in hdmi,5.1 in optical).But panasonic has done good job this year they have implemented AudioReturnChannel even in basic plasma models (x30),optical output,usb (playback of most formats but no dts audio support)& ethernet port not sure about 5.1 audio in optical output.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back