Samsung LA40B750U1R vs LA40B650T1R

@deepakb: 46b650 - 96 K seems high. Girias (Domlur/Inner Ring Road) quoted 92k for this. Girias seems to have the best prices.

Girias also said that one of their customers has been waiting more than a month for Samsung to get them a B750 TV that they had ordered. They wouldn't quote me a price for the B750 because they said that they don't know when they can deliver it.

This news is infact really bad. Really sad to know how dealers and companies deny people the right to choose here in India. They create an artificial lack of supply for a product that has been put on the company's website 3 months ago so that LED sales are not hit.

Also as mentioned in an earlier post you are likely to have a higher chance of getting a better panel with the B750. The chance is much much higher if you go for a 46 inch panel because a very minimal number have reported a CMO panel on the 46 inch B750. The 46 inch b750 mostly have AUO and SPVA panels. If there was a 52 incher you would definitely get the best panel on the B750.
With 55 inch b650 you will almost definitely end up with a CMO panel? With the 40 and 46 inche b650 you really wouldn't know

Last edited:
Thanks @Gfreeman, for clarifications

as you rightly said the dealers are more and more pushing for LED, and discouraging the customers from going for high end LCD modes. I called up Pai Electronics BG Road, yesterday.

1) They were pathetic in terms of knowledge on the price info. They quoted 1,50 L for 46b750 (they were assuming the MRP as 1,70 L the old price)

2) They told me for both b650 / b750, 15 days delivery period after the order.

This is really too much, that model that been released in India 2-3 month ago still takes so much time deliver.....

fwiw, I posted feedback to Samsung India (via their web site) about the unavailability of Series 7 LCD models and I got a call from the local office here in Bangalore saying that they expect delivery of B750s this weekend from their plant in Chennai.

fwiw, I posted feedback to Samsung India (via their web site) about the unavailability of Series 7 LCD models and I got a call from the local office here in Bangalore saying that they expect delivery of B750s this weekend from their plant in Chennai.

That is hopefully good news. I think a lot of us here just need to go to that Samsung website and give Samsung a piece of our mind.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back