Samsung UA40B7000 ??

bhaiji

Dear ALL,

This is my first post to this Forum.

I am planning to buy Samsung 40" UA40B7000 model. Already paid advance.
What are your suggestions?
In the price of Rs 89000, do you suggest any other good model?
Is someone already owning this, how is your experience?

Thanks to you all in advance.

Regards
Bhaiji

I own UA40B7000. It is really good , I thoroughly enjoy the TV. The SD movie conversion is very god. However following you must consider -
a) Number of AV port is only 1. YOu may not be able to add more than 1 device directly (Or user receiver or AV switch to connect more than 1 devices).

If the price difference is a lot, you may go for LED 6 series which is almost identical to 7 series except ethernet port. The USB movie can be enabled in LED 6 series though service menu.

But now samsung has released 2010 model of LED TV. The specification looks good on paper. You may also want to consider this.

Dear Malakar,

Thank you for your reply.
Its helpful as I wanted to get the feedback from someone who had first hand experience of this TV.

New 2010 models are all 3D TVs from Samsung and are very costly. Besides 3D I am not sure if they have any additional feature. Are you aware of any additional feature in these new Samsung 2010 TV?

Best Regards
Bhaiji

Hi,

I own UA40 B 6000.
Boss, we are throughly enjoying this TV . The processing of SD is too good though yellow coloure looks over cooked some time , but this is a great peace to own.

I would sugest you to wait for some more time as there will be again a price fall . Here in dubai , samsung has launched C series LED TV's which is same as B series except 100HZ motion [only] and c series is 50HZ i believ[you will hardly notice any diffrence its just a marketing gimmick!!!] and C series TV are priced AED1k[Rs 10,000] cheaper than B series so if you have some time please wait till 4th quarter "Sabr ka Phal meetha hota hain".

Pl learn from my mistake........

Note : This is my opinion . If you can put forth your urgnecy background then we will be able to help you better...

Dear Deshu,

Thanks for your reply.
There is no urgency. I have booked the TV by giving some advance but not have taken the delivery.

Besides 3D, So far I did not understand the significant difference between B7000 and C7000. So dont know why anyone should wait for C series, if not looking for 3D.

Also, Can anyone comment if Sony NX500 would be better choice?

Regards
Mukesh

The newer C6xx & C6xxx all have improved panels interms of contrast,the new tvs are also more efficient,with minor tweaks to image processing.

The NX500 lacks the 100hz,its screen also reflects more then the samsung glossy screen.
A better choice would be the EX500 & EX700 then the NX500.

I saw 46in7000 yesterday & found the panal very clean,PQ was lifelike mostly without Judder.Looking better than Sony,Toshiba & other samy models.

I dont understand why one should load his TV with most of the zing thing like internet etc. Its just like loading a mobile with features like internet bluetooth etc ,where as our objective is to watch TV and enjoy life like pictures . When i went to purchase my TV i thought of the following

1. TV to watch movie and cricket.
2. I didnt wanted any functions like USB Movie as my DVDP can do this very well.
3. NO INTERNET - my laptop can do this job as i have enough internet speed and my laptop rooms around all over my home thanks to wireless.
4. No blue tooth : I dont know much about this , may be used to download movies to TV .

Inspite of all this I only wanted a LED tv for only PQ.

B6000 came very close to my expctn and i brought it . Now again a simple machine is in market i.e, c series and i regret i could have saved 10,000 more.

Bottom Line[My experience ] : What ever you buy even may be C10,000 paying a 1 Cr. after some time it will become "GHAR KI MURGI DAL BARABAR" unless you wanto make your neighbours and home visitors envy...:p

Hi Folks,
My apologies for the cross post. I was not sure which is the right forum.
While i'd almost decided to buy an LCD, a Samsung dealer offered me this model - UA40B7000 for Rs 67,000. Although i think it's a great deal, my concern is that this model is quite old and Samsung will probably release new models.
I'm sure i'll get the TV in that's new, packed and with warranty but should i be worried about buying an obsolete product?
What do you guys think?

thanks,
best,
wwwbot

This one is Samsungs highest end TV we've reviewed. It's from their 7 series, released recently in the market. The title says LCD TV even though Samsung calls it LED TV. Actually it's an LED edge lit LCD TV, as some readers got confused the last time around. LED TV is a widely fallacious marketing ply, but then again, what isnt these days. The panel is still an LCD panel, just the lighting is done via LEDs, along the edge. The model name is UA40B7000, and it does look very svelte.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back