Sansui g-8000 - restoration

PrashantS

Hello Everyone,

I have Sansui G-8000 which is working but recently when i opened up the receiver to clean the dust in them, I found some of the original component replaced by different components.

The receiver was last opened may be 7-8 Years back.

I am actually looking for a good technician who can restore it for me.
In case anyone know about this please do let me know.

Re,
Prashant

Hello Prashant, contact Akshay Jha in Mumbai, he has restored my 1969 Sansui AU 666. Call him on 9867359109.

Anil

MY DIY PAGE
SignatureforHFVsmallestFINAL.jpg

Dear Greenhorn,

The earlier technician replaced one of the Left or Right Chanel filter caps with a new board.
Though i am no expert in Electronics, looking at the circuit connections he seems to have bypassed the remaining Left or Right Chanel caps as well.

There is extensive corrosion inside - I will need to use a DEOXIT first clean them and then start with restoration.
I am attaching an inside pic of my G-8000. The local service center guys replaced the original parts (Marked in GREEN) with a new board shown in RED circle.

I am searching for the original Part with the circuit board like the marked in GREEN section.

Also looking for a new board with switches on the G8000 where we connect the speakers.

I am a member of AUDIOKARMA where they have done lot of RESTORATION but its all US based. I am searching for a gentleman who can do the same here.

I have lot amazing cases with me if you wish i can share it with you.

Regards,
Prashant

Regards,
Prashant

Attachments

• Sansui G-8000.jpg
    Sansui G-8000.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 175
Hi there,

Finally the restoration work has started- there where few missing boards which i was able to purchase through Ebay.

Now i need only 2 Boards - These are the driver boards.
Board No.: F-2806
Qty: 2 Nos

If anyone in this forum can advise where i could find them would be of immense help to me.
Appreciate your support in this regard.

Re,
Prashant

Finally something good happening.
The Engineer - Gave me a list of boards which was missing.
1. F-2806 - Driver Boards
2. F-2814 - Driver connection circuit board
3. Clamps and parting cover etc.

Finally after looking 2 months got all of them.
Now the restoration will start and will post the pics in the forum.
By the way i have a Sansui SC 5100 - Which is being restored by the same engineer.

Re,
Prashant :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back