Seagate BackUp Plus USB 3.0 4TB HDD for 162.71 (Rs:9200) Amazon.com, shipped to India

mkreddy

Re: Seagate BackUp Plus USB 3.0 4TB HDD for 162.71 (Rs:9200) Amazon.com, shipped to I

Every SeaGate HDD that I have purchased in the past 3 years has failed.

The service centre has replaced the HDDs ( after about 21 days ) with REFURBISHED HDDs which have again failed:mad:

After repeatedly loosing my data and the huge computer Down time, I have decided Never to use SeaGate again, even if I get it Free.

All the best to you folks ! You have been warned ......

Re: Seagate BackUp Plus USB 3.0 4TB HDD for 162.71 (Rs:9200) Amazon.com, shipped to I

I reckon what "Indiaears" have said. My experience with the seagate hard drive was terrible too. :mad:

Hey elan13 and indianears, Which brand HDDs are you guys using now?
What brand or model external HDDs do you guys suggest for reliability?

Western Digital (WD)

Remember Maxtor is another brand of SeaGate, so I avoid Maxtor also.

Seagate Sucks. I have had 3 Seagate's which have failed miserably, lost a lot pictures around 200 GB of Music and a lot of movies. Go for Hitachi or WD.

Though this offer looks very tempting, Seagate sucks big time. I lost 2 TB worth of BR Rips. My local repair guy told me most of the HD coming for repairs / data recovery are of Seagate and very few of WD. Most of the of the time they suffer from power failures. When you go in for a replacement, most of the time the replaced (read refurbished) HDD crashes in some months and you loose your data once again.

I switched to WD long ago. Not that they don't have their share of problems but their chances of happening are much less compared to Seagate.

Anyone using Adata HDD's? Are they any good?

On HD recommendation between these two brands each person will have had his own opinion which will be based on his experience. Based on my experience when it comes to external drives i would suggest you to go for WD. They just more reliable than Seagate.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back