Serviceability of Audiophile equipment in India

vinvk

Hi

I bought Klipsch Sixes 4 years ago, from Cinebels, Bengaluru, for ₹80k (which was double its price in the USA at that time)

Recently, the speakers were not powering ON. So I took them to the Cinebels service center in Yashwantpur.
They said the main board is gone, replacement will cost ₹51k. I took it back from them and looking to explore other options.

I'm just wondering if it makes sense to buy high-end audio gadgets in India.
1) The initial buy price is 25% to 100% above that in developed countries.
2) The warranty period is 1 to 2 Years
3)Post warranty, if any parts are to be replaced, they are going to cost a bomb.

Earlier I was fancying Devialet Phantom, which would cost around 3 Lakh, depending on the variant and setup.
Now I wonder what happens if it goes Kaput after the warranty Period, which is 2 Years.

They said the main board is gone, replacement will cost ₹51k. I took it back from them and looking to explore other options.
The main board cannot be damaged just on its will. Sometimes, technicians want to take the easier route than spending time, so as suggested earlier, please take it to the right technician. Also, when you find a technician, please do share if the equipment was abused in any way or used in a hazardous environment, if any. These kinds of information let them locate the problem area easily.

update:
got my speakers repaired by Anil (hitec service point, sarjapura road), for a reasonable sum.

My takeaways from this:
1) voltage stabilizer or a power conditioner is a must.
2) Better stick to old school equipment that is easily serviceable.

update:
got my speakers repaired by Anil (hitec service point, sarjapura road), for a reasonable sum.

My takeaways from this:
1) voltage stabilizer or a power conditioner is a must.
2) Better stick to old school equipment that is easily serviceable.
out of topic any one suggest whuch ups better for optona hd28e projector

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back