Setting up a gaming center/home theater

vmujumdar

Hi,

I am sure this question as been asked in various formats, but I would like to ask again with my specific requirements. I would like to set up a gaming center/home theater with the following components:

1. An HD PC monitor
2. A small form factor computer with a TV card or any alternative way to receive TV signals from a set-top box. I have a Raspberry PI which would be perfect if I can find a TV tuner card for it. This will also serve as a media center. Do not need a full-fledged computer.
3. Good compact speakers to attach to the monitor.
4. A PS3 gaming console
5. A Wii gaming console (already have the consoles, connected to a TV at present would like to connect them to the PC monitor instead).

Why? I want to move the gaming consoles away from the main TV and set up a parallel multi-function entertainment system. Want a PC monitor instead of a TV so I can connect my laptop and use it as an extended screen for work.

Hope this makes sense and while I am doing my own research as well, would love to get expert advice on both the set up and recommendations for ideal components (for 1, 2 and 3).

Thanks!
Vikas

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back