Settop box to projector through AVR

kapilg

Hi Friends,

I am trying to watch my TV through projector.

My projector is connected to AVR by HDMI cable.

How will I be able to get TV on projector without having an additional connection. ie How should I connect the set top box to AVR so that the same signal can be sent to projector through existing HDMI cable.

At this moment set top box is connected to TV via AV input and a cable wire. I can see 2 input points available in Denon AV for sat/cab, but where will cable wire go.

Can someone please help.

Thanks
Kapil

Hi,

Don't worry its very simple. If you have a AV out put in your TV's back pannel then connect the same to your AVR's SAT or CAB input that its it you are done. If your AVR is capable of upscaling you may see brilliant out put from your projector, and don't forget to select the input in your AVR either CAB or SAT where ever you had given your cable from TV. Please note that your TV also must be ON when ever you want to watch thru your projector.

In case if you don't have AV out provision in your TV don't worry, You can buy a quality AV splitter and connect the same to the set top box output. So one out put from the splitter is connected to the TV and another output from the splitter to the AVR as described above. The advantage of giving connection like this is your TV need not be ON whenever you watch thru projector.

Assuming you are going to watch in projector more often then it is preferable to go by the second method even if you have AV out provision in your TV. Cause this can save a lot on Electricity and your TV's panel life.

Thanks and Regards.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back