Shift in thinking due to experiences from music retailers

Shivam

Some of my recent bad experiences with buying music albums -

Flipkart keeps cancelling my orders and relisting the items at a higher price.
Ebay sellers have very high shipping rates.
Local music stores don't have the albums that I want.
When the local music stores have the albums, the prices are without any discounts unlike that on online stores.
Saregama CDs look and sound like pirated discs.

One thing is for sure, I'll wait for future music sales from forum members.

On another thought, Should I be shifting to pirated lossless music ?

(Mods, this is just a thought process and not a statement that I am giving or taking any pirated music at the moment so please don't ban me.)

Shivam,

I've had a generally positive experience with Landmark www.landmarkonthenet.com

Worst case scenario has been when I ordered some hard to get titles they cancelled the order after informing me over email and then refunded the money directly to my credit card account. CD quality has been reasonably good as well.

For imports I use Amazon.com which comes in a lot more expensive but for some types of music you just don't get the choice locally.

My 0.02 ...

I am now planning to buy from fellow forum members whenever someone comes up with a good offer on interesting titles. Lossless files is another good option.

I have tried Amazon.com but hated the customs that I had to pay.

its piracy ....landmark in Banglore (forum mall) ...and chennai have replaced their CD racks with Toys and what not...

Other stores stock only popular titles ...old ones are hard to find ...

Saregama does not even list some of its new titles in the website ..

Shops shutting down is old news ...increasingly getting CD's Online is also a problem ..

I don't really care, any longer, where the music comes from or how. The progression from LP through CD to digital has taken away the emotional attachment to the media itself.

I do care about DRM, though, and I really don't want to buy any music that is infected by it.. I will not be restricted to any platform, software, machine, instance or copy in listening to my music. Or, at least ...I hope I won't!

Flyte music store is shutting down its service from 17th June. :banghead:
Why dont music companies start online selling of high quality lossless music:confused: They have no right to crib about piracy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back