Should i purhcase the Denon 1509? please help asap

lakshmant

This question based on this sheet which was given a link on this forum. Except for the video processing, the 1509 and 1709 are almost identical and even differ in weight by 100 grams only.
http://www.audioproducts.com.au/down... 23-1509.pdf
I am only looking at audio performance on a decent budget. I am sure denon will better the onkyo SR504 i own right now.

My requirements clearly are as follows.
I am happy with 5.1
I am not looking at blueray at least for 3 or 4 years, as my 5.1 DVD surround system took 3 years to integrate.
I dont need video switching on the receiver. I require clean and crisp DD and DTS audio decoding and stable sound quality.
Reliable service if ever anything went wrong.

Your thoughts before i finally decide to pull the trigger...

Lakshman

Last edited:
This question based on this sheet which was given a link on this forum. Except for the video processing, the 1509 and 1709 are almost identical and even differ in weight by 100 grams only.
http://www.audioproducts.com.au/down... 23-1509.pdf
I am only looking at audio performance on a decent budget. I am sure denon will better the onkyo SR504 i own right now.

My requirements clearly are as follows.
I am happy with 5.1
I am not looking at blueray at least for 3 or 4 years, as my 5.1 DVD surround system took 3 years to integrate.
I dont need video switching on the receiver. I require clean and crisp DD and DTS audio decoding and stable sound quality.
Reliable service if ever anything went wrong.

Your thoughts before i finally decide to pull the trigger...

Lakshman

Hi Lakshman
Go and audition the Denon 1509 and 1709 and see if there is any difference in sound quality . If there is no diff then stick on to 1509 . Then compare the denon with your onkyo and stick on to the one which sounds best to your ears. Generally Denon is considered to be better then the Onkyo in the low end segment. Do consider Marantz and Yamaha , many of our forum members vouch for these brands .

Mohan.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back