Simple DIY Hacks for SQ improvement.

drkrack

1. Device Isolation : Used the Smiley balls cut in Half to act as vibration isolation for smaller devices like DACs, CD player and Compact PC etc. Should be careful while using with equipments that get really hot..

2. Speaker Cable Isolators from Ground and Micro Vibrations transmission etc, you'd need 3 smiley balls per side.
This is self explanatory

SQ Improvement - The bass has become more precise, and so are other frequencies in general ; with a reduced noise floor (Pinch of Salt). :D:D

Other FMs can try this & share their experience ; or they can share their simple audiophile hacks with cheaper household items, even sharing the failed experiments is good enough, because it saves another person a lot of hassle.

I recently added furniture pads to my floor standers and felt some improvement in bass. (It became tighter). I doubled it up on the front and single on the back to give my floor standers an little angle.
These are the ones I used. Screenshot_20190420-150156_AliExpress.jpg

I was going to buy svs isolation for my subwoofer. At the last minute a FM advised me to go for a gym tile which was just 490 rs and got a noticeable improvement in bass. I know this is not a DIY but since it’s a cheap way to isolate the sub from floor I wanted to share

Attachments

• FEE3EF16-5E5C-48C9-9EAE-9697ACC59846.jpeg
    FEE3EF16-5E5C-48C9-9EAE-9697ACC59846.jpeg
    953.7 KB · Views: 61
I have used 2 squash balls cut in halves for my Technics TT in past. It helped to reduce acoustic feedback from the TT.

Regards
Sachin

For speakers, keeping pillow covers on top with its length extended both sides of speaker(not covering rear and front sides) usually makes Bass tight.Reflections get controlled and sound comes up front and precised.Wide soundstage can get affected.But music will sound fast.Just simple trick worth trying.

very good thread. hope there are more contributions.

The smiley and crazy ball ideas are interesting, will give it a try.

I was hit by serendipity.

This piece of foam came in the packing box of an adult diaper.
The foam is light, soft and dense.

I have my small amp placed on top of the sub. Just cut this stuff into four and put them under the 4 corners of the amp. All the energy from the sub enclosure to the amp body is now gone.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back