small room, curved walls, psb mini, paradigm atom, mentor menuet?

adan

Hi all,

I'm moving to a small apartment, additionally it's a top floor apartment with one of the wall curved.
I cannot really listen to anything in demo rooms, where I live there's no such chance(at least not what I want to buy) and anyway everything will sound probably much different in my apartment.

So I really need advice, what could play nice in such an environment and wouldn't give me a headache after 20mins.
I'm looking at PSB Imagine Mini, Paradigm Monitor Atom, Mentor Menuet.
The last ones are quite expensive, but I could afford them.
I have a good amp, a bit older Cyrus 8vs2, stands for the speakers.

I dislike bright speakers (eg. Monitor Audio RX), but treble quality is very important.

I had Quad 21L2 and Roksan Kandy TR5 and I was very happy with them.

Thank you for any help, and advices.

Not an speakers expert but my 2 cents on speakers you mentioned.
If you want to avoid bright speakers then paradigms 'tend' toward being bright.

I have heard qual 11l at friends place and they are fairly balanced where as I personally found PSB towards warmer side. Of the lot I found the Quads to be quite balanced.

Also your choice of music is very important for the choice of speakers. My gut feel is Quads will be best of the lot if you prefer more shuttle music.

Disclaimer: it is quite risky to describe sound in such terms like bright or warm etc as it is very subjective!

Just my listening impressions so take with a pinch of salt :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back