SMPS or UPS Problem..?

Thanks guys..like everyone said, culprit was the SMPS.. i replaced with Cooler Master Extreme Power 460 and looks like problem solved..:)

Re: SMPS Burnt

Hi all

Actually I have the smps problem since 2 months, that my smps is burnt often,AND ONE DAY IT BURST also, changed 3 smps in 2 months. unable to understand the problem, the specification of my pc as below:

MB: MSI G31TM-P21 (MS-7529)
CPU: E5700 3.00GHZ
NVIDIA GEFORCE 9400 GT 1GB
HDD: 500GB SATA
APC BACK UPS 600

I am using INTEX 450 WATT SMPS AND IT'S BURNT OFTEN CAN ANYBODY HELP REGARDING THIS.

I HAVE CHECKED

VOLATAGE = 220V - 230V
EARTHING IS OK
POWER CABLE ALSO Ok

Man, never buy low cost smps like intex etc. The 450W is there on specs only. In reality, they will not supply the required power for your pc and they fail. Get good smps from corsair, vip, seasonic etc. This will cost around 2K and has warranty for 3 years. The corsair builder series is really VFM.

Thank you i will go for corsair smps, but some doubt is it smps problem because before it was working fine in the same configuration.

These low cost smps fail often. I can't remember how many times I replaced the smps of my old desktop. These smps use low cost components and they are not capable of supplying required current to your system and it simply burn under high load requirement when you task your system like in gaming. For a comparison, my corsair vsx450 weighs almost a kg and the older intex one just a few 100 grams only.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back