SMSL DA9 or AO200 Class D Amplifier

sound and music

HI,

Has anyone listened to these two recent class D amps from SMSL? If yes, kindly share your comments.

thanks in advance

Since both are not available at a reasonable cost here in India, I doubt about the abundance of reviews here.

Meanwhile, you can search for this thread "S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200" on AudioScienceReview to get some perspective.

using the AO200 with Diamond 225 since 6 months.

Sounds great on EQ set to bass or the proprietary SDB mode. Direct playback is a little thin.

Happy to answer any questions you have

HI,

Has anyone listened to these two recent class D amps from SMSL? If yes, kindly share your comments.

thanks in advance
I have the SMSL DA9 and have gifted one to a friend as well. a year has passed and so far so good. It's solid clean amplification in a very convenient and tiny form factor.

i have a spare amplifier in the Marantz PM6006 but it was a no go in the bedroom due to its size. Enter the DA9 and it's nearly invisible and easily accommodated on a tiny perfume shelf.Very high on WAF, good build quality, a nice stepped volume control, good BT connection. And it has XLR inputs + a Sub Out!

Have driven a number of loudspeakers through it viz. (1) Definitive Technology D9 , (2) DynAudio Excite X14 (3) Quad S-5, (4) Klipsch RP600M (5) Wharfedale Evo 4.2, (6) KEF Q350, (7) Mission LX-II Mk-II (8) Boston Acoustics A26 and i haven't found it wanting. 🙂

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back