Some thoughts on the Ultimate Ears 350 earphones

VSonic GR07 Mark II is discontinued as per Lendmeurears.

I read more reviews of the Sony XBA-H1. It doesn't seem to be really worth it. Hifiman RE400 is back to being top contender. Second in line being Philips Fidelio S2.

Does someone here know how to interpret the "Reviewer's Opinion" table here?

Last edited:
VSonic GR07 Mark II is discontinued as per Lendmeurears.

I read more reviews of the Sony XBA-H1. It doesn't seem to be really worth it. Hifiman RE400 is back to being top contender. Second in line being Philips Fidelio S2.

Does someone here know how to interpret the "Reviewer's Opinion" table here?

ain't it just a graphical representation of the feedback we give vocally or in writing..

instead of taking just the basic parameters like lows n midrange and highs he basically divided them into sub groups as per his convenience.

ain't it just a graphical representation of the feedback we give vocally or in writing..

instead of taking just the basic parameters like lows n midrange and highs he basically divided them into sub groups as per his convenience.

The way he has quantized what would normally be considered subjective parameters on a scale of -5 to +5 is quite unique (in my knowledge) and a very interesting way of rating.

Two examples: Hifiman RE-400 (top) and Philips Fidelio S1 (bottom)

Yz0Stot.png

yoP43v4.png

I don't know if it's the correct way, but I just added up the scores, and whichever is more positive, wins (because +5 is the most desirable score, as per my understanding of the scale). For example, RE-400 scores +2.5 and the Philips scores +7.5. Is this the correct interpretation? Or is there something more? Or is being closest to zero being most/near neutral?

Last edited:
After an on and off search, I have, sort of, zoomed in on the Philips Fidelio S1 or S2. I have been seraching for the sonic differences between the two but can't seem to find anyone talking about it. Any opinions? Will the extra 50-60 Dollars buy me a sonically superior IEM?

The VSonic GR07 Mark II doesn't seem available anymore so that's no longer in contention. I am not too keen on the Classic version nor the Bass version.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back