Sonodyne Combo : Should I invest?

krishna.adhikari

I am planning on buying a system to listen to music. I am planning on a Sonodyne combo : DAC P1 + Avant 345 + Roar 108. Room size is 250 Sq Feet. Please suggest.

I am planning on buying a system to listen to music. I am planning on a Sonodyne combo : DAC P1 + Avant 345 + Roar 108. Room size is 250 Sq Feet. Please suggest.

Hi Krishna,

Welcome to HFV,

I hope you have listen to the system. In my opinion it is the best sounding system to begin with. For same kind of imported system you have to spend twice as much.
But where is the amplifier, the heart of system.Have you not decided on that?

cheers

Dheeraj

Thanks Dheeraj,

There are two choices for the amp : DSA 320 or SiA 320

What they have told me is that the DAC P1 is not necessary .

Reg KK

I think you should demo the new avant speakers unveiled by Sonodyne on the recent hifi show. Further you should take a look at their new class d amp which they unveiled during the same show. You can add the sub at a later date. Initially you can go for the floorstanders and amp as the dac is inbuilt in the new amp. Please contact the Sonodyne representative on Facebook for availability and pricing info.

Looking @ the components you have listed, i guess budget would be approx 1 Lac....

Try to audition Sonodyne Active speaker SRP range + Dac P1 (2.0) system....

Alternatively try other brands too & evaluate

Thanks.

Checked the combo Dali Zensor 7 and Denon AVR-X2000 (I thing) + Dali Subwoofer. Dont remenber the model. Was quoted 1.55 Lc for the combo. + Extra for the wiring.

Sounded real nice and I thing i can live without the sub for the time being.

The Sub was for 40K. Hence for this combo not planning on the sub.

The dealer does not have the latest sonodyne combo, Still has avant 345. the combo sounded nice. But the avant 345 did not sound that great as compared to the dali speakers

Since I am new to the Hi fi scene. Could you please suggest resources the I can read to get my Gyan up.

Reg

ps do I need a dac with the above combos?

Thanks.

Checked the combo Dali Zensor 7 and Denon AVR-X2000 (I thing) + Dali Subwoofer.
But the avant 345 did not sound that great as compared to the dali speakers

Since I am new to the Hi fi scene. Could you please suggest resources the I can read to get my Gyan up.

Reg

ps do I need a dac with the above combos?

If you are planning for only music then consider the same dali with stereo amp which will be even better. For Dac, depending on the source you can consider at a later stage since this is your first setup , go one by one so that you know which is the weak link in the chain also you will get a complete satisfaction this way.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back