Sonos Arc or Samsung 990b which one to pick.

Sury@

Looking for some good sound system for my LG G1 OLED 65 " i have few picks please help me which one to pick among Sonos Arc or Samsung 990b or if you have any options please let me know.Thank you.

Budget: 60k to 70k

Looking for some good sound system for my LG G1 OLED 65 " i have few picks please help me which one to pick among Sonos Arc or Samsung 990b or if you have any options please let me know.Thank you.

Budget: 60k to 70k
Please read about Samsung Q990B disconnect issue. There is a group of Q990B owners on Facebook. You can join that as well.

Sonos arc with surround speakers and subwoofer would cost double. Under 1 lakh you would only get the Sonos arc soundbar (no sub or surrounds). So, Q990B would provide better overall experience under 1 lakh.

I strongly recommend you check Croma offers for Samsung soundbar purchase.

Other options

Samsung 950A -
- has a little less powerful subwoofer
- has fabric on soundbar and surround speakers
- has display on top of soundbar which is inconvenient

- does not have disconnect issue like 990B
- was available for Rs 64,000 in Croma in September/October 2022.

990C has been showcased in CES 2023

Please read about Samsung Q990B disconnect issue. There is a group of Q990B owners on Facebook. You can join that as well.

Sonos arc with surround speakers and subwoofer would cost double. Under 1 lakh you would only get the Sonos arc soundbar (no sub or surrounds). So, Q990B would provide better overall experience under 1 lakh.

I strongly recommend you check Croma offers for Samsung soundbar purchase.

Other options

Samsung 950A -
- has a little less powerful subwoofer
- has fabric on soundbar and surround speakers
- has display on top of soundbar which is inconvenient

- does not have disconnect issue like 990B
- was available for Rs 64,000 in Croma in September/October 2022.

990C has been showcased in CES 2023
Croma is ready to close at Rs 89990 but Reliance is ready to close @74999

JBL 1000 & 800 were released just few days ago. You could check it out if its available. Not sure how big of an improvement it is over JBL 9.1

In last 11 months I have read a lot and watched videos about HiFi and soundbars. I also auditioned few HiFi setups. I had high hopes from Samsung Q990B.

Me and my wife briefely auditioned Samsung Q990B yesterday at Reliance Digital. Source Youtube 720p/1080p video clips. Listened to old Kishore Kumar song, few movie scenes for dialogue clarity, some newer bass heavy songs.

It was deja vu for me. It sounded like my 10+ year old Sony DVD home theater (1000W). I tried Standard and Adaptive audio modes. In Standard mode human voice sounded better as compared to adaptive mode. In adaptive mode the voices were shrill to my ears. On the open floor, the surround effect could not be judged which is 990B's strength. The subwoofer should be enough for a 300sqft room (as per my appetite for bass). There were a few Maverick scenes in which I expected bass from subwoofer but it was missing. Probably the subwoofer does not go as deep as needed in that scene.

We had also auditioned Dali Zensor 1 bookshelf speaker pair driven by a Denon AVR in stereo mode. The Dali pair sounded so sweet as compared to the Q990B. I had read people mentioning how a 2.0 HiFi setup can sound far better than the soundbars. Yesterday, I realized the same for myself!

Me and my wife were on the same page on this :)

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back