Sonus Faber Vinere Series

Spiritwinds

I have been a passive reader all these while and been an Audio enthusiast for quite sometime now.
I have owned quite a few speakers in the past and it’s mostly bookshelves and now planning to switch over to towers. Whilst I am a big fan of 2 way speakers I really want to venture into 3Way designs. After several searches and looking up all the places I know, I have decided to go for the Vinere 2.5 or the 3.0 as I am getting a good deal on those.
I have been a great fan of Sonus Faber designs and I really want to own one of those Italian beauties. I tried to read about those and have read mixed reviews on it and I really can’t afford the newer gen Sonus at the moment.
I am opening a thread to get an idea or a get a 1st hand review of these speakers from someone here who may have owned these in the past.

My current chain is: PC > Schiit Bifrost > Roksan K3 > Jamo 803.

Whilst I have plans to try out a pure class A amps in the future, for now I would like a get a pair of affordable Sonus Faber.
For the amp, I am just waiting for my next official travel so that I can hand carry something from the US as I don’t think we can get a pure Class A amps at a reasonable price locally. Last I enquired was with Absolute Phase, but seeing the prices they sell here, I don’t think I can afford one from them.

If anyone here can shed some experience with the Sonus Faber vinere series here would really help me pull the trigger. I am also open for options around similar price point of 1.5 to 1.8 for towers.

Regards,
Deep

I find that that 3 way sounds very different to someone used to 2 way. SF is also slightly on the lean side. A lot of its cost goes into its aesthetic design as well. You should look at alternatives like dynaudio, pmc, proac, buchardt s400 etc. theres a dynaudio focus 140 in classified section right now you could look at.

I have been a passive reader all these while and been an Audio enthusiast for quite sometime now.
I have owned quite a few speakers in the past and it’s mostly bookshelves and now planning to switch over to towers. Whilst I am a big fan of 2 way speakers I really want to venture into 3Way designs. After several searches and looking up all the places I know, I have decided to go for the Vinere 2.5 or the 3.0 as I am getting a good deal on those.
I have been a great fan of Sonus Faber designs and I really want to own one of those Italian beauties. I tried to read about those and have read mixed reviews on it and I really can’t afford the newer gen Sonus at the moment.
I am opening a thread to get an idea or a get a 1st hand review of these speakers from someone here who may have owned these in the past.

Whilst I have plans to try out a pure class A amps in the future, for now I would like a get a pair of affordable Sonus Faber.
For the amp, I am just waiting for my next official travel so that I can hand carry something from the US as I don’t think we can get a pure Class A amps at a reasonable price locally. Last I enquired was with Absolute Phase, but seeing the prices they sell here, I don’t think I can afford one from them.

If anyone here can shed some experience with the Sonus Faber vinere series here would really help me pull the trigger. I am also open for options around similar price point of 1.5 to 1.8 for towers.

Regards,
Deep
Hey,

You should definitely consider INDIQAUDIO's Solid State pure Class A integrated amp. I have been using it for over 6 months now and extremely happy. Since you are in Chennai and they are Bangalore based, so you can have a quick trip to audition them. They come with 15 day trial too, so no risk if it does not pair well with Jamo or SF, you can always return it.

You can find more details here : https://www.indiqaudio.com/signature-saptak-class-a-integrated-amp

You can find other options for Class A on my other thread : https://www.hifivision.com/threads/looking-for-engineers-who-can-build-class-a-ss-amplifier.89947/

Regards,
Deep
I have Venere 2.5 which I can let go. They are currently paired with Denon 2400. Do let me know if you are interested, will PM you the pics and the bill copy.

Regards,
Deep
I used to have a pair of Sonus Faber cremona auditor M bookshelves, paired with an Accuphase pre power combo and they used to sound awesome. I can only imagine how well they would sound with a class A setup. I can definitely vouch for the fact that the cremonas were a wonderful set of speakers. :) . I think the venere 2.0 would definitely be worth it !
Cheers!
Anand

I had posted a pair of Venere S speakers for sale. Above your budget but in case interested, kindly pm.

That's a terrific amp. What speakers did you have before the Jamo S803?

Regards,
Deep
You're in luck - looks like quite a few SF Venere's are up for sale.

I find that that 3 way sounds very different to someone used to 2 way. SF is also slightly on the lean side. A lot of its cost goes into its aesthetic design as well. You should look at alternatives like dynaudio, pmc, proac, buchardt s400 etc. theres a dynaudio focus 140 in classified section right now you could look at.
That's an interesting take - just wondering - wouldn't that depend on how well the drivers are integrated and their vertical dispersion?

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back