sony 32 inch LCD panel/tv replacement

himadri

Hi
My 3 and a half years Sony 32 inch LCD has developed cracks and white patches.The panel replacement cost is 15000/- which is 65 percent the cost of a new TV. I see that brands like Micromax etc are selling TVs at the price of sony panels. How reliable are these brands considering that panel life has been low for even a fancied brand like sony ?How good are their service networks?How authentic are their warranties?
LG also seems to be priced lower. Any particular reason?
Im more of an audiophile than a videophile.
cheers

Hi

The TVs which are manufactured nowdays will last you between 3-5 years max.....some of them develop panel issues after the first year or after the second....

Certain brands offer extended warranty for a price...you need to focus of what are your picture requirements and connectivity......accordingly go to a big electronics store and compare TVs side by side....based on features and budget decide....

My elder brother went hunting for more than 45 days now....and looked and tested a lot of big brands.....in terms of PQ this is the ranking of brands as per my experience with him....(This is for FHD and UHD 4k TVs)

1) Samsung
2) LG / VU
3) Panasonic

Noble TV seemed promising but half the features don't work...I had a tough time getting AMazon to do a simple pick up....took 5 days.....waiting now for my refund.....not happening TV.

VISE is decent enough for simple TV PQ and regular features.....

Micromax no direct experience, you need to check after sales service.....

IMHO, I would not blow extra money on a TV when I know any brand in the market can fail after 1-2 years.....

So far my Toshiba 3 years warranty is over in Aug 2016, still running strong.....FHD.

Hi
My 3 and a half years Sony 32 inch LCD has developed cracks and white patches.The panel replacement cost is 15000/- which is 65 percent the cost of a new TV.

Am in the same boat.. But mine was a 46inch TV and they asked 42K to replace panel :eek:hyeah:

I see that brands like Micromax etc are selling TVs at the price of sony panels. How reliable are these brands considering that panel life has been low for even a fancied brand like sony ?How good are their service networks?How authentic are their warranties?

I had suggested few of my friends to try the Micromax, msot of them bought it for the real sweet price and 3 yrs of warranty coverage.. So far they haven't had any issues...

Micromax is new to the market.. No feedback on service here from any of my friends.. It might not be as easy as the bigger brands, may be some chasing required to get it done..

There are plenty of threads in the forum on panel failure, including mine.. Given that the "BIG" brands don't last long, it is better to settle for a lesser priced TV.. Save your precious money..

Whichever brand you pick, make sure you get maximum warranty of 1 + 2 years..

LG also seems to be priced lower. Any particular reason?
Im more of an audiophile than a videophile.
cheers

That is really strange..May be it has only 1 HDMI input.. Plz share the model here..

Thanks efernand1 and elangoas for detailed replies.
Looks like 1 +2 yr warranty seems to be the way to go.As the budget is limited for me this time, 20000/- or so ,an exploration is required as to the available brands , and hd ready only as the general feeling is that in smaller sizes full hd may not be an absolute necessity.
Elangoas, LG 32LH516A 80cm (32 Inch) HD Ready in available in amazon for 17 k or so.
cheers

My Sont 46w950a failed in 2.5years with 4 LED red light blinks.. now sony asks 36k to replace panel ...

Im going my own way and changing the damaged boards Tcon, LED driver board ..

My Sont 46w950a failed in 2.5years with 4 LED red light blinks.. now sony asks 36k to replace panel ...

Im going my own way and changing the damaged boards Tcon, LED driver board ..

Even mine was a 46 inch. How come Sony is charging 36K for you when i was quoted 40K + ?

In hyderabad I found a good LED TV repair expert .. srinivasa electronics .. Contact Jagdish - 8008859990

He repaired my 2year old sony led tv 46w950a in just 5days .. authorised center asked 35k .. he did it in 11k

Back