sony a80j or lg g1 55 inch?

soumyajit92

hi guys, in a dilemma .... which one is the better tv overall? Mostly for bluray/4k hdr DV watching. Also worth waiting for something like sony qd oled in india? How expensive ll it be for a 55 incher?

I am also looking for LG G1 . I have a specific need of wall mounted (flush) and found that G1 suits my needs . Did a demo of G1 and seems to be good for viewing 4K / Blu-ray . My existing LCD tv found better for watching Tata sky etc

I'm debating the same right now - A80J seems better in reviews (marginally), but the G1 is better suited for wall mounting, and is about 15k lower in price. Not sure how the LG OS compares to Android on the Sony.

got the TV installed a couple of day sago - picture is absolutely beautiful and it sits totally flush with the wall. Still struggling with some settings like ARC etc but hopefully that will get sorted out over time.

I'm debating the same right now - A80J seems better in reviews (marginally), but the G1 is better suited for wall mounting, and is about 15k lower in price. Not sure how the LG OS compares to Android on the Sony.
Lg holds its own.

Spot on. The OS is what is keeping me on fence. No one knows when lg could just pull the plug on the os or have delayed updates. Android in the sony just feels will stay longer. Just my opinion.

MaSh

Spot on. The OS is what is keeping me on fence. No one knows when lg could just pull the plug on the os or have delayed updates. Android in the sony just feels will stay longer. Just my opinion.
well i've taken the plunge with LG now. Will keep my fingers crossed!

No big complaints about lg os so far in this discussion board. Tizen maybe yes a few are not happy, not lgos. Plus the lg magic remote is a very sweet/cute add on. You guys gotta learn how to like and take pride on LG TVs. Its underrated seriously. Soon, they are going to be gold standards for televisions.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back