Sony Bv380 OR Onkyo 3400 or any other ?

rnksarda

My budget is well within 20k , and i am getting the sony Bv380 for 19k with 1 year dealer warranty.

its basically a 1000 ! watts speaker which is like whoa !

i basically need it to get connected to USB , PS3 AND TATA SKY and a aux cable (airport express actually )

i am sweeped over by bv380 as its got almost everything ( i basically need)

i heard the Onkyo 3400 is also very good . but the point is i am looking for something to play the above 3 flawlessly with good blue ray playback. (dont mind paying 5k extra if worth it !)

please suggest guys what to buy or WHAT ELSE TO BUY ?

Technically and sound wise Onkyo is better than sony. So just go for Onkyo 3400. :eek:hyeah: its available for around 25k in the market...

Sony is "consumer electronics" manufacturer. Read between the lines in the manual and you will know that it is way behind 1000 watt! It is following some alien physics theory. It consumes 110W and produces 1000W of energy. So folks, energy is being created here. Do hell with your Law of conservation of energy! :D

When in doubt kick companies' like Philips, Sony, LG, Samsung Videocon and so on and go with companies like Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Sonodyne, NAD, Pioneer, Yamaha etc.

So the message is loud and clear, go with Onkyo S3400. You will be a proud owner in less than an hour of listening! :)

Last edited:
Sony is "consumer electronics" manufacturer. Read between the lines in the manual and you will know that it is way behind 1000 watt! It is following some alien physics theory. It consumes 110W and produces 1000W of energy. So folks, energy is being created here. Do hell with your Law of conservation of energy! :D

When in doubt kick companies' like Philips, Sony, LG, Samsung Videocon and so on and go with companies like Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Sonodyne, NAD, Pioneer, Yamaha etc.

So the message is loud and clear, go with Onkyo S3400. You will be a proud owner in less than an hour of listening! :)
koushik , i am basically in a room which 18*15 ft

so sound is not a big concern ( if there is not a big!! difference)
but money is an issue.

onkyo is not available less than 28k

and i want a speaker system for my ps3 only.

the plus features 380 has are a blue ray player with a decent 2 hdmi inputs and an output.

+ an ipod dock .

in your opinion how is v380 ? (i know its not got what they say i.e 1000 watts . but still for a bedroom , how is it ? )

can this be connected to 3.5mm jack of phone from the RCA WIRE ? and if yes , can i connect this home theatre to airport express router ?

hi every1,

I want to buy a complete ht package (smthing like onkyo hts3400) here in kolkataand I knw that this is the best package that I can get at that price i.e 28k frm Promises(kolkata).
but I don't knw much about this company like after sales service and all those stuff so I m a little afraid to go with onkyo.

what are the other options available for me in same price range i.e.(30k) like Yamaha or denon or pioneer?????

whether I should buy 5.1 standalone speakers (JBL etc.) and with that I can go for sm good amlifier???

As I told that my budget is 30K...so plzzz plzzz help me guys...and also tell me sm gd stores tht I can try and go fr a demo there...
thanxxxxxxxx

Back