Sony MHC-V50d

realactivex

Folks,
i recently bought this home audio monolith from Sony via Infibeam.com (https://www.sony.co.in/support/product/mhc-v50d)

This was for the kids room for them to enjoy music with their friends.
Serves some purpose.
However, i have two key issues and have been in touch with sony and they are clueless (cant believe why they can be so dumb)
1. Region code: Since i bought this in india in the white market, i would expect this to play indian DVDs (region 5)- I checked the player many times and there is no stamping where-ever (including the box/manual/player) of the DVD region that it will support.
I have regions 2, 5, 1 region DVDs and they dont play. (A random region 0 DVD plays- but not many of them in my collection)- I have been trying to understand what is the region code that this player has been locked to- and no answers from Sony. Anybody has any view on this? (no hacks available yet)

2. This player is plugged to the TCL 4k tv with on ARC HDMI port. However, the audio return from TV isnt working (i cant hear tv sound on my sony). Any help troubleshooting?

Sad to say, but my experience with sony has been very bitter- they dont even understand what a region code means (they say sir it will play NTSC and PAL- $%^$^#^$)

pls help on what i could do.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back