Sony Walkman NW-A46HN.

Well, so I have finally purchased SONY Walkman NW-A46HN. Will post a brief review about this product very soon.

Attachments

• IMG-20180913-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20180913-WA0001.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 15
Congratulations on your purchase ! Looking forward to your review.

Thanks! I'll surely post my review so that it can help all the consumers (whether they're all pure music lovers or not) to decide if they're taking correct decision of spending their hard earned money...

Also, since this Sony Walkman supports high resolution audio, could you please suggest me from where can I obtain High Resolution Audio files of Bollywood songs and whether it involves any subscription to it?

Regards,
Apoorva.

I am not sure myself, where to get Hi Res Indian music - Bollywood/Regional. I just rip CDs to 16 bit FLAC and listen on the computer. hdtracks.com has International albums but at USD prices. So with 72 Rs per Dollar now, it becomes an expensive option. Though I had bought La La Land album from that site. I got a ARRahman Tamil album - Kaatru Veliyidai from Technics Tracks through a cousin in US but Technics Tracks is now closed. Another option is 7digital.com but again you have to get through someone as it doesn't work from India even through VPN

I have bought some Wav files on Saregama. Some of them are actually pretty good. But the classics are just whatever source material is. Still worth a shop in comparison to iTunes or Google music as you get full money's worth. But library is very limited. I am wondering why Sony music doesn't do such a thing. They have such a vast Indian catalog.

But don't you think Fiio is an unheard brand and what if tomorrow they close down or move away than its like you will be stucked with their product when it requires repair/service. In comparison, SONY is a well established big reputed brand.

The only problem over here is that unless I have both the players in front of me and listen to the same song of 320kbps on both the players, it becomes absolutely difficult to exercise my judgement. The only drawback Sony's Walkman have is the absence of Wi-Fi in which Fiio is a step ahead. Also while Fiio offers upto 384khz, Sony Walkman NW-W46HN max capacity is till 320kbps so I wonder if that really makes a difference?

The electronic consumer world has become such today that you buy and you experiment and if God forbid due to some reason the product didn't live upto your expectation than live with it forever, there isn't any refund. It's all gambling. Such as I bought this huge 65inch Sony 4k 65X8500D LCD TV with very big expectations but it totally failed in terms of picture clarity even on HD Channels via my Airtel STB HD+ Box. I gambled and now I have to live with it. Now neither can I TRASH it nor can I resale it as it won't fetch that higher resale price.
I have a fiio x3 from 2014 which still works. Fiio is not an unknown brand. Yes, it's not mainstream though. Unlike sony of which walkman is one division, Fiio's only business is making portable audio devices and I think they are quite good at what they are doing. Now there are tones one Chinese options which are superb with performance when it comes to sound and doesn't cost much. fiio won't close in the next one year for sure. The sony company also won't look back once your 1 year warranty is over.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back