Sony X85k 85 inch Reliance digital, Chennai offer

Donivlapog

Hi all,

RD Annanagar (opposite to Kandasamy Naidu collage) has come up with an offer valid for this weekend. Sony X85k 85" for Rs.291000 with Rs.2150 down payment and Rs.8500 for 34 months emi or Rs.97350 upfront with 12 emis of Rs.16150 with an emi as cashback on 4th or 6th installment (Rs.16150). With the latter cashback offer, the TV comes to Rs.275000. If anybody has better offers ignore this or else please check out with sales agent Mr.Prabhu.

Hi all,

RD Annanagar (opposite to Kandasamy Naidu collage) has come up with an offer valid for this weekend. Sony X85k 85" for Rs.291000 with Rs.2150 down payment and Rs.8500 for 34 months emi or Rs.97350 upfront with 12 emis of Rs.16150 with an emi as cashback on 4th or 6th installment (Rs.16150). With the latter cashback offer, the TV comes to Rs.275000. If anybody has better offers ignore this or else please check out with sales agent Mr.Prabhu.
Thanks for sharing 😍😍👍..

What would the minimum viewing distance be for a TV of this size. I guess my distance is 10ft at best. Currently have a 65 incher. But always been lusting after a bigger screen, as I can never shove a projector into my living room. Thanks

Thanks for sharing 😍😍👍..

What would the minimum viewing distance be for a TV of this size. I guess my distance is 10ft at best. Currently have a 65 incher. But always been lusting after a bigger screen, as I can never shove a projector into my living room. Thanks
For 10 feet usually 75 is more than enough but 85 inch can be tried. The things to consider

1) 85 inches can consume more electricity
2) the chances of repair costs to be high or spares may even not exist (however this will change as 85 is fast becoming the 75 of 3 to 4 years ago)
3) pixel density may reduce but at the 10 feet distance maynot be of a bother.
4) Heat - 85 will generate more heat than your 65" TV you own currently.
5) poor resale value

But all these are compensated by its immersive experience. If a 75 will last 5 to 6 years, 85 will last only 4 to 5 years.

For 10 feet usually 75 is more than enough but 85 inch can be tried. The things to consider

1) 85 inches can consume more electricity
2) the chances of repair costs to be high or spares may even not exist (however this will change as 85 is fast becoming the 75 of 3 to 4 years ago)
3) pixel density may reduce but at the 10 feet distance maynot be of a bother.
4) Heat - 85 will generate more heat than your 65" TV you own currently.
5) poor resale value

But all these are compensated by its immersive experience. If a 75 will last 5 to 6 years, 85 will last only 4 to 5 years.
Thanks again for the advise 😍😍..

The power consumption might not be an issue due to our very low usage. Maybe a movie or two over the weekend. And mostly nothing during the week days. But the heat will be an issue if it is noticeably more than a 65 incher. But the biggest issue will definitely be parts and service. Thanks for pointing that out. Never occurred to me. Since my current TV is still working, guess I will lug along for a few more years, till 85 becomes more main stream.

M
Thanks for sharing 😍😍👍..

My viewing distance is 8 to 10 ft and presently having 65" Sony OLED.
I tried 75" LED in shop at the same distance and found that if the image quality is not "excellent", it's looking bad. 4K and good quality HD is needed. TataSky HD was looking bad. But the size was otherwise ideal.
X85 being lower down in the quality rungs, I'd assume more viewing distance would be helpful.
Somehow I feel X85 is more suitable for clubs and public viewing etc, not good enough for personal viewing.

Thanks again for the advise 😍😍..

The power consumption might not be an issue due to our very low usage. Maybe a movie or two over the weekend. And mostly nothing during the week days. But the heat will be an issue if it is noticeably more than a 65 incher. But the biggest issue will definitely be parts and service. Thanks for pointing that out. Never occurred to me. Since my current TV is still working, guess I will lug along for a few more years, till 85 becomes more main stream.
Actually my situation seems to be the exact opposite! The 65 inch Sony 2016 model 3d tv has no spare parts and while i had just 1% curiosity of going 85", RD giving me a great deal which i am unfortunately turning down, still wanted to pass on the offer to other MBs. Croma is still rigid with 3.6 lakhs for the 85" x85k to give you a contrast in parity between dealers. Reason for turning down the offer is my frugal self unwilling to spend more on electronics.

M
My viewing distance is 8 to 10 ft and presently having 65" Sony OLED.
I tried 75" LED in shop at the same distance and found that if the image quality is not "excellent", it's looking bad. 4K and good quality HD is needed. TataSky HD was looking bad. But the size was otherwise ideal.
X85 being lower down in the quality rungs, I'd assume more viewing distance would be helpful.
Somehow I feel X85 is more suitable for clubs and public viewing etc, not good enough for personal viewing.
Well X85 does have a reasonable native contrast and is VA and is 120 hz panel (but interlaced according to many in youtube). This for 2.75 L is about the ballpark we can expect for a Vu 85". So not a bad bargain however in a year or so this will sell for 2.75 L as regular showroom or online price. 75" transitioned that way. Now most 75" TVs are below 2 lakhs in pricing.

Well X85 does have a reasonable native contrast and is VA and is 120 hz panel (but interlaced according toany). This for 2.75 L is about the ballpark we can expect for a Vu 85". So not a bad bargain however in a year or so this will sell for 2.75 L as regular showroom or online price. 75" transitioned that way. Now most 75" TVs are below 2 lakhs in pricing.
I agree, price is very good. Slightly more viewing distance would possibly mitigate its quality shortcomings. I'm coming from the reference of OLED, so it's apparent to me.
75" is indeed becoming affordable. By the time I need to change my TV, a 75" OLED would be quite affordable.

I agree, price is very good. Slightly more viewing distance would possibly mitigate its quality shortcomings. I'm coming from the reference of OLED, so it's apparent to me.
75" is indeed becoming affordable. By the time I need to change my TV, a 75" OLED would be quite affordable.
77" oled is priced at 4 lakhs currently at RD. It can be further bargained though.

Well X85 does have a reasonable native contrast and is VA and is 120 hz panel (but interlaced according to many in youtube). This for 2.75 L is about the ballpark we can expect for a Vu 85". So not a bad bargain however in a year or so this will sell for 2.75 L as regular showroom or online price. 75" transitioned that way. Now most 75" TVs are below 2 lakhs in pricing.
Really really terrible pricing we have here in India for 75" inch TVs. 65" is basically the standard norm nowadays starting from the CRT TV size back in the 90s. My parents 43" LG Plasma just went kaput yesterday and I was milling through the forums to buy a decent 65" inche and to my suprise it is hard to find one, I again don't want to spend on brands as they won't notice much difference. I don't know what's the hype with VU TVs, I found Hisense TVs to be somewhat better with respect to price vs performance ratio compared to other Chinese TVs. But 3 lakhs for a 75" U8H is obnoxiously high. They shouldnt be over 2 lakhs in my opinion. And I would not suggest Sony X85 as well. The pricing is terrible which is in the ball park of OLED and QD OLED 65" TVs abroad. And come Diwali, 77" OLED or maybe even Samsung 75" QD-OLEDs can be had for around 3 lakhs with nice tight bargain (may be I am expecting too much).

I for one considering Hisense 65" U7H for my parents. I know it's an ADS/IPS Panel. And the price on Amazon is 77k. If I consider (minus -) the price of firestick @ 4k - 3.5k 5% discount on Amazon Pay, the effective price would be 69,500₹. Still expensive for a Chinese TV but what options do to I have. But this is the price I am willing to pay for 65", for 75" if I add another 75k then then the max price for 75U8H shouldn't be more than 1.50 lakh. And the main reason I am writing this post is, I have seen reviews on YouTube on U7H (IPS Version) competing with Sony X80K and Samsung Q80B. In some scenes, especially in bright scenes, with right calibration settings, Hisense U7H beats almost all base to mid range Sony and Samsung TVs, in some case comparable performance, if I consider VA Panel variant then it outforms. If I consider this price vs performace ratio with Vu Flowmaster series, it is utter nonsense to spend 90k+ on the that garbage.

It is really sad the price vs performance ratio widens a lot with size. If you need 75", there is no option but to choose Sony X80 series but loosing the quality and sharpness as you increase the size is a compromise as you already know. An OLED TV is warranted from 65" and above if budget permits. I would say save your money and get 75/77" OLED , I know it is too easy to say, but may be someday 75" OLED might be available for 3 lakhs. Again I am not stopping you to get an LED TV. But looking at the tech today I feel LEDs are slowly going outdated and outperformed easily.

Really really terrible pricing we have here in India for 75" inch TVs. 65" is basically the standard norm nowadays starting from the CRT TV size back in the 90s. My parents 43" LG Plasma just went kaput yesterday and I was milling through the forums to buy a decent 65" inche and to my suprise it is hard to find one, I again don't want to spend on brands as they won't notice much difference. I don't know what's the hype with VU TVs, I found Hisense TVs to be somewhat better with respect to price vs performance ratio compared to other Chinese TVs. But 3 lakhs for a 75" U8H is obnoxiously high. They shouldnt be over 2 lakhs in my opinion. And I would not suggest Sony X85 as well. The pricing is terrible which is in the ball park of OLED and QD OLED 65" TVs abroad. And come Diwali, 77" OLED or maybe even Samsung 75" QD-OLEDs can be had for around 3 lakhs with nice tight bargain (may be I am expecting too much).

I for one considering Hisense 65" U7H for my parents. I know it's an ADS/IPS Panel. And the price on Amazon is 77k. If I consider (minus -) the price of firestick @ 4k - 3.5k 5% discount on Amazon Pay, the effective price would be 69,500₹. Still expensive for a Chinese TV but what options do to I have. But this is the price I am willing to pay for 65", for 75" if I add another 75k then then the max price for 75U8H shouldn't be more than 1.50 lakh. And the main reason I am writing this post is, I have seen reviews on YouTube on U7H (IPS Version) competing with Sony X80K and Samsung Q80B. In some scenes, especially in bright scenes, with right calibration settings it is outperforming Sony's mid range and samsung mid range TVs and in some cases comparable. If I consider this price vs performace ratio with Vu Flowmaster series, it is utter nonsense to spend 90k+ on the that garbage.

It is really sad the price vs performance ratio widens a lot with size. If you need 75", there is no option but to choose Sony X80 series but loosing the quality and sharpness as you increase the size is a compromise as you already know. An OLED TV is warranted from 65" and above if budget permits. I would say save your money and get 75/77" OLED , I know it is too easy to say, but may be someday 75" OLED might be available for 3 lakhs. Again I am not stopping you to get an LED TV. But looking at the tech today I feel LEDs are slowly going outdated and outperformed easily.

I for one considering Hisense 65" U7H for my parents. I know it's an ADS/IPS Panel. And the price on Amazon is 77k. If I consider (minus -) the price of firestick @ 4k - 3.5k 5% discount on Amazon Pay, the effective price would be 69,500₹. Still expensive for a Chinese TV but what options do to I have. But this is the price I am willing to pay for 65", for 75" if I add another 75k then then the max price for 75U8H shouldn't be more than 1.50 lakh. And the main reason I am writing this post is, I have seen reviews on YouTube on U7H (IPS Version) competing with Sony X80K and Samsung Q80B. In some scenes, especially in bright scenes, with right calibration settings it is outperforming Sony's mid range and samsung mid range TVs and in some cases comparable. If I consider this price vs performace ratio with Vu Flowmaster series, it is utter nonsense to spend 90k+ on the that garbage.

Yes in India, we pay a huge price for mediocrity at best.

Yes in India, we pay a huge price for mediocrity at best.
In absolute terms, yes. But in the larger context of the country's economy, a 65" or a 77" TV is a luxury. I'd rather be paying taxes on that, than on basic necessities of life.
To put in context, all medical equipment attracts 30% import duty, irrespective of whether it's having an Indian alternative or not. I'd rather fight for bringing those tariffs down.

X90k 75" is available for just under 2 lakhs. If interested please contact Reliance digital Annanagar. I dont want to take it as a group buy thread as I am thinking twice whether this is worthy for me at the moment. You could try it as a group buy with numbers to warrant further discounts.

X90k 75" is available for just under 2 lakhs. If interested please contact Reliance digital Annanagar. I dont want to take it as a group buy thread as I am thinking twice whether this is worthy for me at the moment. You could try it as a group buy with numbers to warrant further discounts.
AH, these conversations are really helping me a lot to get the right shop for purchasing a 75" LED..

I got a call today from RD on 77 "OLED which cots 4.79 can be closed at 4L, while the X80K 75inch will be closed at - 140000 which includes all cashbacks and discounts.

People interested can visit this link, it has given the details on the current offers which ends by 31st Jan 2023

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back