SOS! Eliminating Humming noise from active subwoofer

As promised, following are the pictures of my subwoofer along with the little tweak which I tried to solve the humming problem.

Notice the wire??

Cheers!
Vivek

Nice work!! Now don't get overconfident... Else you will catch your friend for humming a tune ... Shove a wire up his nostrils and connect it somewhere to "solve" his humming problem!!! :D

Cheers

Nice work!! Now don't get overconfident... Else you will catch your friend for humming a tune ... Shove a wire up his nostrils and connect it somewhere to "solve" his humming problem!!! :D

Cheers

Ha ha.........never hum a tune near me.....you know what will come naturally....:eek:hyeah:

use high quality subwoofer cable especially those made only for subwoofer and one more thing u do as i did was ground loop ur house circuit ,what i did is i have little garden in my house and in it i hired some guys who dig 25feet underground and in that i put 6inch copper piece ,5kg of black salt and 5kg of wooden coal (i mean coal we get after burned wood pieces) and i pore water in it compeltely and i use 25feet metal rod ,in that rod i pass 35 feet of copper wire attached with 6inch of copper piece and fill it with 5kg of black salt,5kg of wooden coal not pieces but in powder form and water lots and lots of water ,purpose for water , salt and wooden coal is to make underground portion wet which helps is maintaing earthing (35 feet copper wire coz 25 feet for underground and 10 feet distance from my main house metre)

i hope u understand what i;m trying to say my english is not that good , b4 that when i don't earthed my house i have humming from my sub and also from amplifier but now no more humming :yahoo:
whole material and labour (for digging ground) will cost u 2 to 2500 rupees

use high quality subwoofer cable especially those made only for subwoofer and one more thing u do as i did was ground loop ur house circuit ,what i did is i have little garden in my house and in it i hired some guys who dig 25feet underground and in that i put 6inch copper piece ,5kg of black salt and 5kg of wooden coal (i mean coal we get after burned wood pieces) and i pore water in it compeltely and i use 25feet metal rod ,in that rod i pass 35 feet of copper wire attached with 6inch of copper piece and fill it with 5kg of black salt,5kg of wooden coal not pieces but in powder form and water lots and lots of water ,purpose for water , salt and wooden coal is to make underground portion wet which helps is maintaing earthing (35 feet copper wire coz 25 feet for underground and 10 feet distance from my main house metre)

i hope u understand what i;m trying to say my english is not that good , b4 that when i don't earthed my house i have humming from my sub and also from amplifier but now no more humming :yahoo:

hi manu

Mind blowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digging a earthing pit while living at the 5th floor of the building will be quite a thing :eek:hyeah:
I think this temporary solution works for me, Moreover, I am not using the sub, so doesn't matter to me anymore.:eek:

Digging a earthing pit while living at the 5th floor of the building will be quite a thing :eek:hyeah:
I think this temporary solution works for me, Moreover, I am not using the sub, so doesn't matter to me anymore.:eek:

Hi Vivek
You only need to dig until the 3rd floor....
HTH

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back