Sound Artist LS3/5 speakers

From what I have heard from friends in Bangkok Falcon’s are the best among all the manufacturers of LS3/5A.
I heard Falcon’s latest model with golden badge in a high end show in Bangkok and they were sounding fabulous driven by some tube monoblocks from China. And they were playing in a huge room and filling the room with sound quite satisfactorily.
Although some claim Rogers to be best which I haven’t heard.
I haven't heard the Rogers SKRji, but the gold badges are great and not difficult drive. It's apparent bass negates the need for a subwoofer, at least in a small room that I play them in. It needs to be fed with either tube amps or class A for it to shine.

Yes I connected them just 2 days back and placed them over the speakers made by Bakshi Sir as I have no space for anymore speakers. They are sounding good but need 100 to 200 hours to fully burn in.
Initially I thought mine played well in a large room till I spent more time with them and realised the intimacy and magic they make in a smaller space. But mine are the older Spendors and your mileage could rightly vary. I have sat them on a small isoacoustic stand which is placed on top of the wooden stand roughly at ear level.

Mr. Bakshi's speakers are a different animal from the little spendors and are my main speakers. I liked the combo of your zu speakers with sun audio when I heard them at your place.

Last edited:
Initially I thought mine played well in a large room till I spent more time with them and realised the intimacy and magic they make in a smaller space. But mine are the older Spendors and your mileage could rightly vary. I have sat them on a small isoacoustic stand which is placed on top of the wooden stand roughly at ear level.

Mr. Bakshi's speakers are a different animal from the little spendors and are my main speakers. I liked the combo of your zu speakers with sun audio when I heard them at your place.
I have not hear Spendor’s smaller speakers. But I can say these Sound Artists are excellent speakers and filling my big Room 24X18 feet by lovely music to very satisfactory levels. To the extent that my neighbour who lives above me on 3rd floor complained last night of music being too loud. Not only sound levels but sound quality is also very good. Bass is low but I don’t miss it. What ever little bass is there it is well defined and tight.
If one can effort it and doesn’t have a bookshelf speaker in my opinion he must try this specially at this price of $600.

I haven't heard the Rogers SKRji, but the gold badges are great and not difficult drive. It's apparent bass negates the need for a subwoofer, at least in a small room that I play them in. It needs to be fed with either tube amps or class A for it to shine.
I fully agree. I heard this Gold Badge in Bangkok and was really impressed and I thought it was one of the best sound at the show driven by tube monoblocks.
But here in Delhi I am driving my Sound Artist speakers by Class D Purifi mono blocks amps and another Class D Hypex monoblocks with fantastic results. Yes the preamplifier is very good Nagra PLL.
So better the signal better the sound. Normally for a $600 speaker nobody will use expensive source, pre and power.
I have a strong desire to buy Gold Badge. May be in near future.
Surprisingly Sound Artist are filling my huge Roon 24X18 feet with music to very satisfactory levels. I agree bass is low around 60 to 70 hz but I am not missing it. What little bass it has is tight and controlled.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back