Sound Quality improvement in budget DAC (Schiit Modi 3) - Options -1) TV optical with FLACs from USB drive, 2) Allo Digione with FLACs from USB drive

matazooma

Dear FMs,

I am considering to add Allo Digione into my budget stereo setup consisting of Marantz PM6006 + Castle Knight 2 + Schiit Modi 3 + ifi Zen Blue.
Currently playing the flacs from the pendrive connected to my TV LG C8 through optical out to schiit modi dac. Was wondering if there will be any significant improvement in sound quality if add Digione into my system and connect the pendrive directly to the Digione and use the coaxial digital output to the modi DAC.

Need your expert advice on it. Comments from FMs who have used the Digione will be highly beneficial.

Thanks.

@NewBee2020 recently acquired a Digione Signature , he maybe able to help you further on the same. The main advantage for a streamer for me is the convenience it adds to music playback sitting at your listening spot , followed by SQ improvements. In my case SQ improvements are perceivable as I use ARC room corrections inbuilt into my streamer, however as is not sure how big a difference it would be as I never tried the exercise.

@NewBee2020 recently acquired a Digione Signature , he maybe able to help you further on the same. The main advantage for a streamer for me is the convenience it adds to music playback sitting at your listening spot , followed by SQ improvements. In my case SQ improvements are perceivable as I use ARC room corrections inbuilt into my streamer, however as is not sure how big a difference it would be as I never tried the exercise.
@flux,I bought the Usbridge signature player along with Shanti LPS...Not sure about the digeone signature SQ...

It's Digione. Request others to share their feedbacks.
Please post in the below thread,might help you to get a faster response.

Dear FMs,

I am considering to add Allo Digione into my budget stereo setup consisting of Marantz PM6006 + Castle Knight 2 + Schiit Modi 3 + ifi Zen Blue.
Currently playing the flacs from the pendrive connected to my TV LG C8 through optical out to schiit modi dac. Was wondering if there will be any significant improvement in sound quality if add Digione into my system and connect the pendrive directly to the Digione and use the coaxial digital output to the modi DAC.

Need your expert advice on it. Comments from FMs who have used the Digione will be highly beneficial.

Thanks.
Short answer to your question is yes, you should see a significant improvement. TV optical output is typically limited to 24/48 and any thing you play via the TV will probably be down-mixed/down-sampled by the onboard DSP. Hooking up an Allo Digione instead will offer a more direct and cleaner path for your USB music. In addition to USB music, you can also stream on Digione via any service of your choice.

Thank you for your feedback.
Short answer to your question is yes, you should see a significant improvement. TV optical output is typically limited to 24/48 and any thing you play via the TV will probably be down-mixed/down-sampled by the onboard DSP. Hooking up an Allo Digione instead will offer a more direct and cleaner path for your USB music. In addition to USB music, you can also stream on Digione via any service

I had a similar setup earlier.
I used to stream Spotify through chrome cast on my Sony TV. The TV was connected to the Topping E3 DAC through optical cable. The DAC to Marantz PM5005 driving Dali Zensor 1.
Then I bought Allo USBridge and connected it to the USB in of the DAC.
The SQ improved by a great margin. Now I don’t have to use my TV for music listening and the SQ is superb.
If I heard so much improvement on my modest system, you should hear it even more though your Castles, I reckon.

I had a similar setup earlier.
I used to stream Spotify through chrome cast on my Sony TV. The TV was connected to the Topping E3 DAC through optical cable. The DAC to Marantz PM5005 driving Dali Zensor 1.
Then I bought Allo USBridge and connected it to the USB in of the DAC.
The SQ improved by a great margin. Now I don’t have to use my TV for music listening and the SQ is superb.
If I heard so much improvement on my modest system, you should hear it even more though your Castles, I reckon.
Thanks @saketgyani .

Oh Yes, you will surely see an improvement. The optical on TV is a feature for convenience, not necessarily audiophile designed and built to a cost. Allo on the other hand is designed for Sound Quality. Do try it out and let us know what difference you feel.

MaSh

Oh Yes, you will surely see an improvement. The optical on TV is a feature for convenience, not necessarily audiophile designed and built to a cost. Allo on the other hand is designed for Sound Quality. Do try it out and let us know what difference you feel.

MaSh
Thanks @MaSh .

One simple source can be added, Apple TV 3rd generation, used can get around 2-3k. Connect with WiFi, take optical out to DAC. Download iTunes aap in IPhone, and connect wirelessly to Apple TV. It’s wonderful bridge, Sounds amazing.

Short answer to your question is yes, you should see a significant improvement. TV optical output is typically limited to 24/48 and any thing you play via the TV will probably be down-mixed/down-sampled by the onboard DSP. Hooking up an Allo Digione instead will offer a more direct and cleaner path for your USB music. In addition to USB music, you can also stream on Digione via any service of your choice.
Does Digione + Volumio supper Gaana ? I heard it did not, @shyamv

Dear FMs,

Thanks.
Your TV output is total crap compared to Digione. I use Tidal on Allo USBridge (with LPS) which beats the sound quality of my Marantz SACD player as a transport by a margin.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back