speaker and amp 25k - 30k

Rao,

Visit Croma in Madhapur and take a look at the Yamaha 5.1 HT System on display there. It costs around 43K or so. Music/movies are good on it and that too played via a Philips DVDP and via RCA cables. I auditioned it for a friend. Only thing lacking is a DVDP as part of the deal but any budget DVDP with digital out will serve the purpose. Do take a look at it. SQ was pretty good on it.

BTW, I also wanted to add that this package comes with two FS in the 5.1 speaker package unlike the BS that come in all entry level HTIBs of Onkyo, Philips, etc.

I too have listened to this . Sounded good.

But the price told was 39 K for speaker system and around 24k for Receiver.
Has they reduced price ?

I had seen the package included Speaker package NS8390 / Sub woofer SW 215 and receiver Rx V 363. Are you talking about the same? I visted there Feb first week.

I too have listened to this . Sounded good.

But the price told was 39 K for speaker system and around 24k for Receiver.
Has they reduced price ?

I had seen the package included Speaker package NS8390 / Sub woofer SW 215 and receiver Rx V 363. Are you talking about the same? I visted there Feb first week.

Cannot really say for sure if it was the same one, but they had only one Yamaha on display/demo. It was 43K or thereabouts, I am pretty sure. It was near the Onkyo 5100 in the price range. Only thing was the Onkyo was 7.1 and the Yamaha was 5.1.

I think the AVR from Yamaha was 363, not sure about the speakers package, but it had an active subwoofer. The thing is I was going through the Onkyo 5100 for a friend and a movie clip was being played on the Onkyo for the demo. At the same time music was being played on the Yamaha with someone else auditioning it and it sounded good and even I ventured across to check out the Yamaha. While no audiophile grade in terms of SQ it still was pretty good with the music despite being a 5.1 system. It does warrant a visit to Croma so do venture out and take a look for yourself. Do carry your own favorite CDs/music with you.

I am flying down to Chennai today, should be back by the weekend. Let me know if you want me to accompany you for the audition on the weekend. If I am back and can come then I will join in.

it will be a pleasure to go along with u.thanks for the offer. bur r they open on sunday. i will PM my contact details. lets plan. BTW if u r visiting chennai, if time permits and if its not a botheration can u check the audiocraft craftel amp and speakers.
regards

it will be a pleasure to go along with u.thanks for the offer. bur r they open on sunday. i will PM my contact details. lets plan. BTW if u r visiting chennai, if time permits and if its not a botheration can u check the audiocraft craftel amp and speakers.
regards

Yes, they are open on Sundays. Unfortunately, don't have much time to spend in Chennai this time around. My MIL is leaving to the U. S. so it's a short trip to visit the U. S. Consulate and see her off. Even I wanted to visit Chennai for the AV paradise it is. I am planning on a longer trip to Chennai in a month or two and planning to drive down and spend a week or more. Will keep you posted. Perhaps you can join in at that time.

Cannot really say for sure if it was the same one, but they had only one Yamaha on display/demo. It was 43K or thereabouts, I am pretty sure. It was near the Onkyo 5100 in the price range. Only thing was the Onkyo was 7.1 and the Yamaha was 5.1.

just called the croma guys about the above package, they say Rcvr+ speakers is 35.5K and subwoofer is 11.5K , total pckg is 47K. sound interesting. other guys here have to chip in their opinions.

just called the croma guys about the above package, they say Rcvr+ speakers is 35.5K and subwoofer is 11.5K , total pckg is 47K. sound interesting. other guys here have to chip in their opinions.

The SQ was impressive that much I can vouch for, but then I have always preferred Yamaha and Onkyo over others so maybe I am biased. Still do take a listen and decide based on your impressions since you have to live with it and use it long term. What was really impressive for me was that it was coming with 2 FS while the Onkyo even in the 7.1 package was with BS.

BTW Rao do also check out X-Cite at Ashok Metropolitan Mall. They too had a Yamaha package for around 26K when I checked last, but without FS, but with an active subwoofer. Did not audition it for music so I cannot vouch for it.

BTW Rao do also check out X-Cite at Ashok Metropolitan Mall. They too had a Yamaha package for around 26K when I checked last, but without FS, but with an active subwoofer. Did not audition it for music so I cannot vouch for it.

sure i will check, bit busy with the last quarter sales targets. not able to audition much. i do stay a bit far away from these places also. fortunately reliance digital is opening an outlet in ASRAO nagar in few days. thats a big releif.

Yes, they are open on Sundays. Unfortunately, don't have much time to spend in Chennai this time around. My MIL is leaving to the U. S. so it's a short trip to visit the U. S. Consulate and see her off. Even I wanted to visit Chennai for the AV paradise it is. I am planning on a longer trip to Chennai in a month or two and planning to drive down and spend a week or more. Will keep you posted. Perhaps you can join in at that time.

i am also of the same opinion. looks like a trip to chennai, the mecca for AV products in india is unavoidable. lets c.

Last edited:
The SQ was impressive that much I can vouch for, but then I have always preferred Yamaha and Onkyo over others so maybe I am biased. Still do take a listen and decide based on your impressions since you have to live with it and use it long term. What was really impressive for me was that it was coming with 2 FS while the Onkyo even in the 7.1 package was with BS.

well , i am not beleiver in more number of speakers.
quality matters more than quantity in this regard.
pricewise above package is within my budget. if its SQ is good, looks like a pretty good deal.

just now i got call from croma , saying they dont have stock of above package. subwoofer is still there

Last edited:

Wonder when Chennai got this kind of reputation! Its well represented in terms of brands but I thought the Bangaloreans were better placed in this regard - even more than Chennai, that is.

Wonder when Chennai got this kind of reputation! Its well represented in terms of brands but I thought the Bangaloreans were better placed in this regard - even more than Chennai, that is.

Bangalore is great, I've lived there for years, but Chennai is good too. In fact we could get Focal speakers and Bryston Amp for a friend right down in Chennai, but I am sure no such luck in Hyderabad. This time around unfortunately I did not have much time and my cabbie did not have any idea about the newly opened Yamaha store so I could not visit it. I did visit the usuals like Spencers Plaza, Ritchie Street, Naidu Hall, Pondy Bazaar, GRT, etc. I am still amazed by the amount of shopping my wife did in the latter places that too in under 4 hours. Man women can shop!

for a 400 sq ft room.
Please do look at norge as an amp , you can consider their speakers too.
why am i saying norge?
well their amps are good and powerful and your room size is largish and you are on a tight budget
.you would require bass to fill your room and hence warfedale diamond 9.2 would be wiser INMO

i will be auditioning a pair of M33i soon i will advice if they are suitable after that

in a budget warfedale / cambridge are decent.
but if you wish to increase a bit then a lot of options open up

i am thinking of pairing norge with mission M33i as they both are VFM products with reasonable SQ. Pl give your comments on this set up. if its weak on bass , i will go for a sub but how doest it cover vocals n highs.
regards

i am thinking of pairing norge with mission M33i as they both are VFM products with reasonable SQ. Pl give your comments on this set up. if its weak on bass , i will go for a sub but how doest it cover vocals n highs.
regards

mr rao you should trust your ears
Have you heard the said combo and liked it? or have you just selected it because it fits into your budget?

i would suggest you audition the norge amp with the norge millenium 6 inch speakers or with warfedales 9.2 or tannoy F1 customs
im asuming your budget is about 20-25k max

mr rao you should trust your ears
Have you heard the said combo and liked it? or have you just selected it because it fits into your budget?

i would suggest you audition the norge amp with the norge millenium 6 inch speakers or with warfedales 9.2 or tannoy F1 customs
im asuming your budget is about 20-25k max

i understand norge doesnt have pre out for sub. i want good bass, so i am thinking of FS speakers for good bass n over all SQ n only mission seems to be having affordable FS. As u said i need to audition before buying anything. but getting to audition to our choice of combination is quite a task. that too in hydbad.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back