Speaker Cable n RCA Cable for Marantz PM6005 + Dali Zensor 3

antriksh

Hi, Guys

I am using In-Akustik Star 16AWG for my setup Marantz PM6005 with Dali Zensor 3 & it doesn't sound right & i am also using Moniteur RCA by Real Cable for my tatasky STB which is also not sounding not up to the mark.
Can any one suggest me what cables should i choose and from where can i buy them????
Speaker cable Length required = 5mt each
RCA cable length required = 2mt

Or should i use Optical Digital from TV for STB sound I have HQ Silver series ???

Thanks in Advance
Antriksh

What made you feel that your cables are the problem.

Also, instead of saying 'it doesn't sound right' or 'not sounding not up to the mark', forum members will be able to help you better if you give them specifics of what you don't like about the sound.

Hi, Guys

I am using In-Akustik Star 16AWG for my setup Marantz PM6005 with Dali Zensor 3 & it doesn't sound right & i am also using Moniteur RCA by Real Cable for my tatasky STB which is also not sounding not up to the mark.
Can any one suggest me what cables should i choose and from where can i buy them????

Or should i use Optical Digital from TV for STB sound I have HQ Silver series ???

Thanks in Advance
Antriksh

Vague post, but we will try to help! Check the tone controls on the amp. Perhaps they are dialed incorrectly. Did you try the Source Direct button on the Marantz's front panel? Engaging it bypasses all tone controls and presents music without any emphasis. Are your cables ok? Are your cable connections ok? Check again.

Hi, Guys

Thanks in Advance
Antriksh

Antriksh,

I am actually using the RCA cables from Amazon Basics for Rs. 700. Nothing great, but okay, I think, and Mediabridge Speaker cables also got from Amazon for 2200. I have my DAC connected to a Marantz PM 8000 and that to my Dali Ikon 6 Mk2.

Sorry guys for this unspecific vague post, actually i m just a beginner.

Guys what i am trying to say is, sound lack clarity throw like it was in demo room on the same setup.

And yes also tried source direct, but disappointed, and had checked all the connections.

That's why i thought there is something wrong with my cables.

The cables which i m using are they good? or should i look for something else, or there is some other issue ???

Antriksh,

I am actually using the RCA cables from Amazon Basics for Rs. 700. Nothing great, but okay, I think, and Mediabridge Speaker cables also got from Amazon for 2200. I have my DAC connected to a Marantz PM 8000 and that to my Dali Ikon 6 Mk2.

Thanks for the info dear, gonna search for cables after rectifying the issue.......

if source is the TV then no cable change will give desired result. what exactly did you hear in demo room? audio via cd player or DAC? if yes then it is very obvious isn't it?

Your cables should be fine. Two most important thing that can affect your sound:

Proper Speaker stands and placement (Check Sound foundations website)
Source : low bitrate MP3s or listening via phones (Use Flac or WAV format files)

Also give some time to break in the system. Play it for 40-50 hours and check after that.
PM6005 has inbuilt dac. Use that input.

Please check if your speakers are in phase, ie, (+) to (+) and (-) to (-) once again. Sometimes the basics can be overlooked.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back