Speaker choices - Dali vs B&W & some more...

If I was getting the Oppo, I would get from a reputed ebay seller for a bit over for $600. Or better still, if you are ok doing the mod yourself, get the Oppo from amazon and the mod from ebay for $60 - $70. Btw, the Nova and the BDP83 SE seem to have the same DAC, the ESS9006.

For speakers, if you are still open to suggestions, I would support the suggestions for Aperion or Salk depending on your budget. Salk, while a much smaller outfit, are especially known for excellent sounding - and custom looking - speakers starting from $2,000 range for fronts.

A calibration expert's perspective

If I was getting the Oppo, I would get from a reputed ebay seller for a bit over for $600. Or better still, if you are ok doing the mod yourself, get the Oppo from amazon and the mod from ebay for $60 - $70. Btw, the Nova and the BDP83 SE seem to have the same DAC, the ESS9006.

For speakers, if you are still open to suggestions, I would support the suggestions for Aperion or Salk depending on your budget. Salk, while a much smaller outfit, are especially known for excellent sounding - and custom looking - speakers starting from $2,000 range for fronts.

A calibration expert's perspective

thanks sarge. im looking at the BDP-83, not the SE, since the nova has a DAC and i think its doing a fine job too. i dont have a way of judging this comparitively, but my ears are telling me differently.

the speaker decision is made and at home now. i did consider the salks a while back, but didnt get to listen to them anywhere.

thanks sarge. im looking at the BDP-83, not the SE, since the nova has a DAC and i think its doing a fine job too. i dont have a way of judging this comparitively, but my ears are telling me differently.

the speaker decision is made and at home now. i did consider the salks a while back, but didnt get to listen to them anywhere.

That's what I meant - that your Nova and the BDP-83 SE have the same DAC, so you don't need the SE. Regular would be fine, or even consider the 80. Enjoy!!

Is the oppo available in india? or is the US the only place? if so, then i've to get it region free and that puts the warranty at risk.

Unfortunately no. The mods are so simple that, if and when you have to send the player for some warranty service, you just disconnect the mod and send the player to Oppo. When it comes back, reconnect the mod.

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back