speaker fill using the Xonar DX

ShutterX

hi all. i have ordered a Xonar DX sound card to use with my new Edifier DA5000 Pro. iam currently on tour and will return home by weekend to find the product at home.

one complaint seem to find among forums is that this card doesnt have 'speaker fill'.

i dont need speaker fill for music, i believe in stereo for music, but i do watch many series like lost and fringe and speaker fill really actually helps get a better experience with audio.

hence, speaker fill in needed.

can anyone confirm if the dx has this option. i do not wish to be unpleasantly surprised to see that an important feature that was present in my realtek motherboard audio is not present in one of the best soundcards in the market...

cheers

In Xonar DX,

f3ac3d13_vbattach96908.jpeg

The Analog Out setting is used to match your actual speaker setting, such as headphones, 2 speakers (or 2.1), 4 speakers (or 4.1), 5.1 speakers, 7.1 speakers, Front Panel Headphone and Front Panel 2 speakers (or 2.1). Xonar DX will play the channels and do the proper 3D/Dolby sound processing accordingly. Please select the correct speaker type for your connected speakers.

Audio Channels Here are some typical suggestions:
-MP3, WMA, AAC, CD, VCD, 2D games => 2 channels
-DVD-Video with Dolby Digtial or DTS 5.1 => 6 channels
-DVD-Video with Dolby Digtial EX or DTS ES => 8 channels
-3D games => 8 channels

Select 2 channels in Audio Channels & 5.1 speakers in Analog Out you will get the result you asked for..

Hey thanks a lot for the clear info. I get my card today ang will try it asap.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Lol. Now that you have pointed it out. I never bought it. Still planning tho.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back