Speaker help with Yamaha 463/363

tinny9

hello buddies,

I am planning to buy Yamaha 363/463 av reciever.
my querry is

I used to have a sony stereo system (3 cd changer)
it has two speakers
model no.: SS-DX3

Specifications:
Speaker system: 2 way bass reflex type
woofer 15 cm cone type
tweeter 10 cm cone type
nominal impedance 6 ohms

Dimensions (w/h/d) 215*325*275 mm
mass 4kg per speaker

earlier i was thinking of buying wharfedale moviestar 65+ with the reciever.
now i was wondering, can i use these stereo spekers with it without having any risk or harm to the reciever.

if i can use these, where should i use them means front or surround?
my usage 75% movies and 25% music.

please tell me the other speakers i should buy within 20k or i can buy later.

and b/w the 363 and 463 it depends upon the ipod connectivity as i'm not sure as some websites say that rv-v363 has ipod connectivity via dock and some says it hasn't.

thanks very much
take care

here's the screenshot of the speakers

Attachments

• 67406739_full.jpg
    67406739_full.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 159
Hi,

The said speaker is not an ideal one to use ! but if you must use then it has to be for surrounds !! no question of any other usage !!

As with the AVR I'd suggest 463 as 363 is very very basic and may not be a good choice ! for the fronts either you can go for diamond 8.4 or similar !!

In the 20K budget there isn't many packages to suggest !! the yamaha speakers suck so don't even think bout them !!

If budget is an issue then buy the fronts and use this sony for surrounds !! for center use the TV !! later add a center and sub !!

Regards.

hi buddy

thanks for ur quick reply.
I have another querry:

Are these stereo speakers better than whafredale moviestar 65+ or at par or below.

by knowing this i would be able to choose speakers in a better way.

here are the specifications for 65+.
Moviestar 60+ Super

thanks a ton buddy

Hi,

Jamo is dishing out 406 Package at 16-17K<Does not include Sub>. I think this is VFM. If you have an eZone electronic store closer to your home town, check that out. I am unable to comment if this is a good match for the AVR you plan to buy tho. I am in Bangalore and saw Jamo 406 couple of days back.

Regards

hey buddy

u mentioned about diamond 8.4
can u tell me which one is the best between 8.4 and 9.5

and pls tell me the tentative price for the pair of floorstanders.

thanks a ton

Hi,

I've replied to your PM !!

Another package that you can think of is the Elac 57 series ! they had a sale recently for stereo ! but the same is also available for multichannel also ! the tentative pricing for 5ch set is around 27+ K !

So please look into this option also before you make up your mind !!

Regards.

thanks a ton bro for ur efforts

i think my taste will be like techno so i will go for diamond 8.4, now my question is since my usage will be more of 75% movies and 25% music, will these speakers be good for movie watching? if not, then please suggest other one.

now can u pls recommend me the other speakers like surround and centre keeping my budget in mind.

pls do quote the tentative price so that i can have an idea of the reqd amt.

thanks & regards
tinny
Hi,

I've replied to your PM !!

Another package that you can think of is the Elac 57 series ! they had a sale recently for stereo ! but the same is also available for multichannel also ! the tentative pricing for 5ch set is around 27+ K !

So please look into this option also before you make up your mind !!

Regards.

Hi,

Hey Buddy its no big deal !!

i think my taste will be like techno so i will go for diamond 8.4

Hello did you read my PM properly :confused: ??? Ideally the center & surround will also be from the same range as the fronts you choose ;)!! but the sub will be SW150 in both the cases !!

Also I have already given another alternative with pricing :D ! is it not suitable by any chance ??

Any other doubts ?? shoot :D

Regards.

hi did read ur PM buddy
actually i was asking for the model no for centre and surround with the price.
u can also PM me if u please so.

and another question was will these be good for movie viewing.

thanks
Hi,

Hey Buddy its no big deal !!

Hello did you read my PM properly :confused: ??? Ideally the center & surround will also be from the same range as the fronts you choose ;)!! but the sub will be SW150 in both the cases !!

Also I have already given another alternative with pricing :D ! is it not suitable by any chance ??

Any other doubts ?? shoot :D

Regards.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back