Speaker playing at full volume when connected to Panasonic TV

Chaos

I have a pretty old Panasonic TV (32XM5D) at my parent's place. The sound isn't the best so i tried connecting an external speaker (through AUX) to the TV. The speaker is an AmazonBasics Bluetooth speaker. The sound output is great but it is playing at full volume. The buttons on the speaker don't respond when connected to the TV. I can't reduce the volume through the TV remote or the physical buttons on the speaker. They work normally on Bluetooth and when connected to a mobile through AUX.

Can anyone help me out?

Older TVs did not allow volume control on the audio out and your Amazon Basic is likely designed to be controlled by the 'source' when connected via aux in. Almost certainly that is your problem.

Older TVs did not allow volume control on the audio out and your Amazon Basic is likely designed to be controlled by the 'source' when connected via aux in. Almost certainly that is your problem.

Oh! So even a soundbar like the MI soundbar connected via AUX would have the same problem then? What can i buy that would be easy for my mom to use? Single remote for DTH remote and speaker since it is programmable (Airtel DTH). Just need better sound in a 10*12 room.

The TV has component and AUX. It doesn't have HDMI ARC. Budget under 10k.

Oh! So even a soundbar like the MI soundbar connected via AUX would have the same problem then? What can i buy that would be easy for my mom to use? Single remote for DTH remote and speaker since it is programmable (Airtel DTH). Just need better sound in a 10*12 room.

Try connecting the speaker to Airtel DTH directly. Our DEN STB can control volume from remote when connected directly to speakers.

Not necessarily, I think Soundbars come with their own remote control for volume and source switching and all that. The Soundbar should let you control the volume as opposed to a very basic Bluetooth speaker.
The suggestion of connecting directly to the DTH set top box is a good one, I had my Swans connected to my TV set up that way for a long time, improved your TV watching experience considerably.

Back