Speaker stands for bookshelfs

samgurung

Hi,

Am looking for speaker stands for my elac b6.2 bookshelf speakers. They weigh in about 6.5kgs and are 8.4"x9.9" (WxD). Ill have to buy the stands online. Would appreciate any recommendations. Is 15k a decent budget?

Where are you located ?
If in Bangalore then I have some very nicely made DIY stands made of MDF finished with 4mm teak wood veneer sheet. Polished in black colour and I do not have any bookshelf speakers now. So they are lying unused 3-4 yrs. available at a very good price

Thanks

Soundfoundations is the best you can get for a sensible budget for the elacs. Get the second expensive model and the cheapest one is little short in height. My cousin who has a b5 1st gen bought it after seeing it at my another cousins home. It really made the speakers totally different. Before that both of them had wasted money on diy stuff. Another good thing is, sound foundation stands have very good resale if you upgrade to floorstanders.

U
Where are you located ?
If in Bangalore then I have some very nicely made DIY stands made of MDF finished with 4mm teak wood veneer sheet. Polished in black colour and I do not have any bookshelf speakers now. So they are lying unused 3-4 yrs. available at a very good price

Thanks
I am in the northeast far far away from bangalore :)

Soundfoundations is the best you can get for a sensible budget for the elacs. Get the second expensive model and the cheapest one is little short in height. My cousin who has a b5 1st gen bought it after seeing it at my another cousins home. It really made the speakers totally different. Before that both of them had wasted money on diy stuff. Another good thing is, sound foundation stands have very good resale if you upgrade to floorstanders.
Thanks for the advice

@hifitoaster This good enough you think?

That would do. I never did a side by side comparison, but my cousin who has nexus 'a system sounded better. But both hahad different speakers amps and rooms. But again the system which had the nexus sounded quite better though the speakers and amps belonged almost in the same class.

These stands are fine. My friend is using them for Monitor Audio MR2. Nexus is more popular though.

Might not have worked for them. But it is possible to DIY superb stands at economical prices, infact under 5k.

The tough part is to find a carpenter, or welding guy who can do 'exactly' as you say. ;) Again, if you have a beautiful living room, aesthetics also matters. Soundfoundation stuff is made, with very good finishing. I am not sure, if you can make something which is pro looking at 5k. May be I am wrong. I am normally a DIY person, but my wife wont let anything ugly sitting in my living room ;)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back