Speaker Under 50k

arindams2

I want to build my first home theater (5.1) slowly. Current budget is 1.3 lakh. Room size is very small (diagram attached) so decided to go with bookshelves.
Researched a bit and planned to go with SVS PB-1000 sub.

Should I buy Denon x1100w or yamaha rxv575 receiver? However if the 4k upscaling feature is really great then I want receiver with that feature.

Now, the tougher part: What speakers should I buy? At first I thought to go with Pioneer AJs but since they are rear-ported , I dont have space for them.

So, I made a list of speakers (budget 40k-50k) that are available here in Kolkata:
Polk Rti A1
Polk Rti A3
Polk Tsx 220B
Kef Q300
Kef Q100
Wharfedale Diamond 220
Dali Zensor 1,3
Q Acoustics
Monitor Audio
B&W 685 S2 - out of my budget
Tannoy
Infinity Primus

After choosing the perfect front bookshelves then Ill buy the matching center and later the surrounds like boston soundware or NHT Superzero. Help me decide, compare them if anyone heard them and also give other speaker suggestions. Should I buy Bose Cinemate 520?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 180
11 x 6 feet is too cramped on space and you may not get an ideal spacious surround experience from movies...Why don't you consider mounting the TV opposite to your bed (if you can) so that you get good viewing distance and a bigger surround area for enjoying movies...

If this setup is for movies only, then get a 2 way satellite based speaker system and build a good 5.1/7.1 system..

I haven't heard the Boston Acoustics HT2310 5.1 system, but the price is good on hifimart.com around 36K.. You may consider them...

Boston Acoustics A 2310HTS Home Theater Speaker Package (Black Finish)

Coming to 4K TV, do you have one (or) do you intend to get 4K tv soon.. If so consider 4K upscaling.... If FHD content is what you will be watching most of the time, then you can give the 4K feature a miss....

Rather spending on 4K AVR, you can consider abt AVR with DTS X & Dolby Atmos.. This will allow you to prepare a full fledged HT system in near future...

11 x 6 feet is too cramped on space and you may not get an ideal spacious surround experience from movies...Why don't you consider mounting the TV opposite to your bed (if you can) so that you get good viewing distance and a bigger surround area for enjoying movies...

If this setup is for movies only, then get a 2 way satellite based speaker system and build a good 5.1/7.1 system..

I haven't heard the Boston Acoustics HT2310 5.1 system, but the price is good on hifimart.com around 36K.. You may consider them...

Coming to 4K TV, do you have one (or) do you intend to get 4K tv soon.. If so consider 4K upscaling.... If FHD content is what you will be watching most of the time, then you can give the 4K feature a miss....

Rather spending on 4K AVR, you can consider abt AVR with DTS X & Dolby Atmos.. This will allow you to prepare a full fledged HT system in near future...

I can't change the setup since there is a door on that wall. Since iWill it be too bad if I'll buy my desired system?

I have a 4k tv so do I need 4k upscaling feature? Receiver with atmos feature is also very expensive.

I can't change the setup since there is a door on that wall. Will it be too bad if I'll buy my desired system?

I have a 4k tv so do I need 4k upscaling feature? Receiver with atmos feature is also very expensive.

I can't change the setup since there is a door on that wall. Will it be too bad if I'll buy my desired system?

I was referring to the place adjacent to the sofa....

If you have a 4K TV, then it is better to get AVR with 4K capability as you use the display to the fullest potential...

I was referring to the place adjacent to the sofa....

If you have a 4K TV, then it is better to get AVR with 4K capability as you use the display to the fullest potential...

Where should I place my sofa?

Will the receiver upscale any content (SD) to 4k quality, is it too good? The problem is my total budget is 1.3 lakh.

BTW, howz your sonodyne speakers performing?

Where should I place my sofa?

Will the receiver upscale any content (SD) to 4k quality, is it too good? The problem is my total budget is 1.3 lakh.

BTW, howz your sonodyne speakers performing?

I think you can leave the sofa as it is... You can place the AVR & the TV on the adjacent wall to the sofa....

Yes, most AVR will upscale <4K content to 4K resolution as they have dedicated video chip...

I have the Sonodyne Sonus range.... They are good for the money....

I think you can leave the sofa as it is... You can place the AVR & the TV on the adjacent wall to the sofa....

Yes, most AVR will upscale <4K content to 4K resolution as they have dedicated video chip...

I have the Sonodyne Sonus range.... They are good for the money....

Thanks for the suggestion, but could not apply it as there is a window on the wall.

What speakers should I consider in my given budget?

Thanks for the suggestion, but could not apply it as there is a window on the wall.

What speakers should I consider in my given budget?

If it is primarily movies and strict on budget, then consider Boston Acoustics HT2310 5.1 system... Around 36K from hifimart.com..

Spend more on AVR which has digital room correction technology like Audyssey and they make a world of difference....

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back