speakers budget 40k without subwoofer

harman_bajaj

I am already having denon 1713 and sony active subwoofer (160 w)
Please suggest some good speaker options (tower preferably) below 40k inr

1713 will be little diffi..not impossible..to drive fs..
better go bs..u have a sub already..
and at 40k u will get some really nice bs..MA bronze for example

Really suggest to the OP to audition the ikons, if space allows him to keep them. Pls do not have preconceived notions about what amp can drive what speakers.
I have a 1611( lower model , right?) and I have driven floor standers to louder than most people can tolerate with them.

Really suggest to the OP to audition the ikons, if space allows him to keep them. Pls do not have preconceived notions about what amp can drive what speakers.
I have a 1611( lower model , right?) and I have driven floor standers to louder than most people can tolerate with them.

true..... it is a preconcieved notion...:)
i was saying generally..

PLEASE SIR GIVE SOME MORE OPTIONS ALSO .
AND WHAT YOU SUGGEST SHOULD I BUY WITHOUT AUDITIONING? AS THERE IS VERY LIMITED POSSIBILITY FOR AUDITIONING ANY GOOD SPEAKERS IN LUDHIANA . I HAVE TO GO TO DELHI TO CHECK .please suggest

Polk audio tsi 300 for front , cs 10 center & tsi 100 for surround, i am using the same combination and quite satisfied. But you have to extend your budget little bit.

you can go for sonodyne speakers they are good value for money speakers and are available online at hifimart.com Sonodyne

u can even buy them in ludhiana even i bought sonus 2605 v2 in ludhiana

I also have an interest in this particular thing of "preconceived notions about what amp can drive what speakers". Will it be the same experiential result if a 'low powered amp is cranked up' -to match the output of a- 'high powered amp in moderate volume'? Will the quality of output be the same in both cases?

I also have an interest in this particular thing of "preconceived notions about what amp can drive what speakers". Will it be the same experiential result if a 'low powered amp is cranked up' -to match the output of a- 'high powered amp in moderate volume'? Will the quality of output be the same in both cases?

while this has been discussed before, i will quickly and hopefully succinctly try to put it in context.

doubling of audio power output to a pair of speakers, will give a sound pressure level increase of 3db. this 3db is the minimum reliably noticeable difference in sound levels that the human ear can perceive.

so double power, gives a just noticeable increase in volume. to double perceived volume you need an increase of 10dB, which require 10 times the power. (10w = double the volume of 1w; all other things being equal)

Now in the context of the statement that i disputed, we were talking about a 80w receiver and saying that it is not powerful enough to drive a pair of towers; and a ~100w receiver is better. Now 1.25 times the power is 1db; which would be not noticeable. that was the first part of the generalisation that i contested.

the second generalisation is that tower speakers need more power. now most towers can handle more power. but equally, becuase of nature of box alignment and the drivers used, tower (esp 2.5 ways- because of reduced bsc requirements) tend to be more efficient that bookshelves. now remember what I said about dBs and power. so if a tower is 3db/w per efficient; you actually need 1/2 the power to drive it. that is the second part of the generalisation that i disputed

the point that needed to be made was more about amp musicality. and how for music a stereo works much better. but that's subjective and not one that one can generalise about either

the other other day, an FM member was over and we played a pair of medium efficiency towers (88db/w/m) with a 10w amp. and in my 300sq.ft+ hall, it was pretty loud enough for anything but a dance party.

hope this clarifies

Hi,
I am using Jamo S-426 speakers (5.0 Ch) and Polk PSW115 connected to AVR 1713 since 6 months. Performance is so good, we use it even for watching TV. Jamo speakers set was purchased in Reliance Digital, Bangalore for about Rs. 20,500/-

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back