Speakers for Onkyo NR-609

gras4

Wanted to get an idea for the minimum budget for speakers that can do some justice to the receiver and the brands. All suggestions welcome! I'm not an audiophile. I want to start from the lower end of the budget to demo and decide. Also, i want to go for 5.1 - not just stereo ones. Sort of a movie freak (as evidenced by the receiver choice). But not the kind that keeps neighbours trembling with the bass!

Wanted to get an idea for the minimum budget for speakers that can do some justice to the receiver and the brands. All suggestions welcome! I'm not an audiophile. I want to start from the lower end of the budget to demo and decide. Also, i want to go for 5.1 - not just stereo ones. Sort of a movie freak (as evidenced by the receiver choice). But not the kind that keeps neighbours trembling with the bass!

1.Go with ONKYO speakers package decent performance for the price(cheapest soultion). around 22k - But dont expect much . - "OK" kind of option
2.Paradigm entry level speakers 5.1 - wil be around 28k - good option.
3.Wharfedale speakers 5.1- 30-35k.- better option

If you are in chennai PRofx in spencer plaza has some deals on paradigm speakers. check with them.

Last edited:
Our forum member Bluu is selling his entire missions setup for 35k with sub. You may want to give it a listen. :)

Howmuch did you pay for 609 ?

Bought the 609 from the US (i'm travelling) for $499.

I already checked with Bluu - looks like some of the items may be blocked.

I will check the other ones - any stores in Bangalore where I can audition them?

@ Pranab, I got a demo of the RM6750 with Denon 1611. It lacked the crispness, the depth of bass. I could hardly hear the BASS.

Do you think there could be a problem with this combo? The dealer said the speakers aren't calibrated yet, as h had just plugged them to the AVR in front of us.

He asked us to visit again after he would calibrate them. However, after the RM6750 he played the Boston Acoustics MC100 and they sounded far better (still not satisfactory) than the RM6750. They weren't calibrated either.

What could be wrong here?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back