Speakers least sensitive to the room

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
im not worthy enough and have pretty limited exposure..based on my experience i had pulz + pandam satellites plus sub, then cadence arista, then jbl 4312e and now the saadhana.
Your self-deprecation is clearly not congruent with that line of audiophile speakers you’ve had. Thanks for your input.

You need a loudspeaker with Cardiod propagation capabilities above 150cps to reduce the effects of front wall ie wall behind the speakers and the side walls. Amphion Krypton is a solid example. The HF in this speaker is waveguide loaded and that helps in controlling the directivity index above 1700cps. So in effect this speaker has a narrowing beam as frequency rises. LF control depends on correct room placement and acoustic treatments.
Bear in mind that it is an expensive product and will necessitate matching gear of similar expense.
There are other products which can also be used, but they tend to get too esoteric in their approach.

My two bits. One is that a sealed box speaker is more immune than ported systems from their acoustic environment. Second is that floor ported mouths can be kept closer to the wall and be controlled in dispersion. Also smaller boxes are likely to produce fewer negative room interactions. Horns are probably the more interactive in terms of their environment. Please note however, that none of the above is based on 'science', just on my subjective experience and limited opportunities.

You need a loudspeaker with Cardiod propagation capabilities above 150cps to reduce the effects of front wall ie wall behind the speakers and the side walls. Amphion Krypton is a solid example. The HF in this speaker is waveguide loaded and that helps in controlling the directivity index above 1700cps. So in effect this speaker has a narrowing beam as frequency rises. LF control depends on correct room placement and acoustic treatments.
Bear in mind that it is an expensive product and will necessitate matching gear of similar expense.
There are other products which can also be used, but they tend to get too esoteric in their approach.
Thanks. Would such directional speakers have limited sweet spot (seating position in which they sound good)?

My two bits. One is that a sealed box speaker is more immune than ported systems from their acoustic environment. Second is that floor ported mouths can be kept closer to the wall and be controlled in dispersion. Also smaller boxes are likely to produce fewer negative room interactions. Horns are probably the more interactive in terms of their environment. Please note however, that none of the above is based on 'science', just on my subjective experience and limited opportunities.
Thanks. Useful synopsis.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back