Speakers suitable for Onkyo 608

kdsbhogal

I have bought Onkyo 608. Please suggest suitable speakers to gel well with it. (Please aslo suggest the price and place from where I can buy them)

Congratulations and welcome to the league ;)

I'm on the lookout for speakers for a while now. If you are looking for floorstanders to start with and more inclined to music, I would recommend Wharfedale 9.5 or Mission 34i or Paradigm or Qacoustics 1050i - Be ready to shell out approx. 30k for the above models.

On the other hand, if you also looking for surrounds, the options vary and depend largely on your requirements and budget.

Not too sure if Faridabad has any HiFi shops.

Thank you for the response! My plans are to first buy 2 floor stand speakers initially & then over a period of time i want to make it 7.1 channel by adding surround speakers & sub woofer. Please suggest on Polkaudio Tsi-500 or RtiA7.

Since June I am living in Bangalore so buying speakers will not be a problem.

What is your room size/ music preference/ budget ?

Carry your avr withyou for auditions.... See how it performs with different FS.. There are tons of brands available in market... Take your time and buy the one which suits your listening and fits into your wallet.

Kittu

I have bought Onkyo 608. Please suggest suitable speakers to gel well with it. (Please aslo suggest the price and place from where I can buy them)
Mr. Bhogal,

With Onkyo TX-SR608 you may go for Polkaudio RTi A7 (Front pair) check this out - Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

I sugget this though it is costly, becasue you are planning to setup HT in phase manner.

Otherwise just have a look at this also. http://www.crystalaudiovideo.com/ProductDetails/60406de1-8498-40d6-b20b-d8ea6a4ac37a.aspx

Crystal speaker set is a UK outfit and offers good quality HT setup with THX certificate and very very reasonable prices are available in India. Let me know if you are intersted, I can share some more details.

It's my personal experience with these speakers with SR608. I made a purchase in July-2010 only and it really sounds good if configured properly also it is suitable for any room type and listening mode. you may check more details from the website too.

Some other brand are costly compared to the feature set (e.g. Elac, EA, Earthquake, Atlantic Technology, Paradigm, Infinity & etc...) to go with here in India, but since you have not mentioned your budget so be open to receive suggestions for any range and any brand.

You may check-out even with Special Edition of JBL (SE-90/100) for pair of front towers

I am yet to buy the AVR. But do have 608 on my radar. Any feedback how hot this piece becomes when running continuously for 3 to 4 hours. I read everywhere that onkyo-s have overheating issues which may lead to failure? want you first hand experiance.

I am yet to buy the AVR. But do have 608 on my radar. Any feedback how hot this piece becomes when running continuously for 3 to 4 hours. I read everywhere that onkyo-s have overheating issues which may lead to failure? want you first hand experiance.

it is not a big issue to avoid onkyo cos of over heating....

actually it is not over heating its the normal heat produced by all receivers and the heat produced by onkyo 608 is nominal to there spec's....

i think no one knows how much is the nominal heat for an receiver like wise for us it is 98.2 degree I suppose....

hi i have connected my onkyo 608 after lot of adution to an MS aviano 8 with bose 201 and 301 as surrounds it is excellent

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back