Start of a Vinyl Lovers journey

My journey commenced in 1973 when my cousin brother got a radiogram made from his Philips valve radio and Garrard 3000 TT. He was the only one in the locality to have this beast and it was a status symbol. That apart, it was bliss to listen to the music on that machine. I loved to listen to K L Saigal sahib and Talat Mahmood (the real velvet voice) along with Geeta Dutt and Shobhs Gurtu. Then came the cassette era but the radiogram was still going strong. I got a job in 1977 and like an average mortal went into the grind and music was relegated to the background except for a few live concerts once in a while. Lack of money was another factor.......

I practically retired around 3 years back and love for music came to the fore again and started to build my system, I have a decent collection of LPs and 78s now. K L Saigal is my (and fortunately my wife's) favourite and we have around 9 LPs of Saigal sahib. We have around 600 LPs and over 100 78s.

Though I listen to all formats, vinyl is by far the best... weekend mornings start with Saigal sahib and for evenings we have Jagjit Chitra, Ghulam Ali and Mehdi Hassan... it is pure bliss. I still listen to some of the cassettes recorded in 1979 and some times it is difficult to tell the difference with vinyl. Whatever be the format, LONG LIVE MUSIC!

My journey commenced in 1973 when my cousin brother got a radiogram made from his Philips valve radio and Garrard 3000 TT. He was the only one in the locality to have this beast and it was a status symbol. That apart, it was bliss to listen to the music on that machine. I loved to listen to K L Saigal sahib and Talat Mahmood (the real velvet voice) along with Geeta Dutt and Shobhs Gurtu. Then came the cassette era but the radiogram was still going strong. I got a job in 1977 and like an average mortal went into the grind and music was relegated to the background except for a few live concerts once in a while. Lack of money was another factor.......

I practically retired around 3 years back and love for music came to the fore again and started to build my system, I have a decent collection of LPs and 78s now. K L Saigal is my (and fortunately my wife's) favourite and we have around 9 LPs of Saigal sahib. We have around 600 LPs and over 100 78s.

Though I listen to all formats, vinyl is by far the best... weekend mornings start with Saigal sahib and for evenings we have Jagjit Chitra, Ghulam Ali and Mehdi Hassan... it is pure bliss. I still listen to some of the cassettes recorded in 1979 and some times it is difficult to tell the difference with vinyl. Whatever be the format, LONG LIVE MUSIC!

Must say our favourite artists are quite similar!
You are lucky indeed to have a wife loving KLS. (That's rare!).

Which are those 9 LPs you have? I have come across only 4-5 till date.

Thanks Bro,
Great to know another KLS fan! I would let you know the list soon.
Best regards

Hi Bro,
Today in the morning of Independence Day I commenced taking my inventory and found that my KLS LPs are, in fact, 11 which are as under:
1. Golden voice of K L Saigal Vol 1 - EAHA 1001
2. Golden voice of K L Saigal Vol 2 - EAHA 1002
3. Golden voice of K L Saigal Vol 3 - EAHA 1004
4. Greatest love songs of K L Saigal - 3AEX 5068
5. Greatest love songs of K L Saigal - 3AEX 5069
6. Best of K L Saigal - ECLP 2640
7. Ghazals of K L Saigal - LHX - 12
8. The Melody of Saigal - LHX - 4
9. The legendary K L Saigal - 2392 071
10. Private ghazals of K L Saigal (No number). This has a song in Persian too.
11. Bengali film songs of K L Saigal - EPC 10017

Regards

The Identification number of Item 11 (Bengali songs) does not appear to be correct as the cover does not appear to be original. When I Googled the number, it shows ABBA record. I would check with Bhasker if he can help me out as I can't read Bengali. My apologies for the same.

Hi Bro,
Today in the morning of Independence Day I commenced taking my inventory and found that my KLS LPs are, in fact, 11 which are as under:
1. Golden voice of K L Saigal Vol 1 - EAHA 1001
2. Golden voice of K L Saigal Vol 2 - EAHA 1002
3. Golden voice of K L Saigal Vol 3 - EAHA 1004
4. Greatest love songs of K L Saigal - 3AEX 5068
5. Greatest love songs of K L Saigal - 3AEX 5069
6. Best of K L Saigal - ECLP 2640
7. Ghazals of K L Saigal - LHX - 12
8. The Melody of Saigal - LHX - 4
9. The legendary K L Saigal - 2392 071
10. Private ghazals of K L Saigal (No number). This has a song in Persian too.
11. Bengali film songs of K L Saigal - EPC 10017

Regards

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back