Stereo Amps - Aiyima vs Class A/B

x_az3_x

Hi folks, I've been lurking the threads for a while and found a lot of good info. I had a doubt regarding an amplifier for my speakers. I currently have a pair of Elac Debut b5.2 driven by an Aiyima T9 Pro, with an ifi Zen DAC V2, and a small Edifier sub, mostly running Apple Music on my PC. I've been thinking about getting an integrated amplifier, something like a Marantz NR1200, but did not see such great reviews here. My main question was whether I was being limited by the amp. Music sounds great, but I was just wondering if I'm getting everything out of the speakers with this amp. If not, any recommendations for amps in the 50k range would be greatly appreciated.

A side question as well on whether there any way to get a higher quality source without other than Tidal (way too expensive right now) because I'm pretty sure my Windows is resampling the music

... because I'm pretty sure my Windows is resampling the music
Doesn't Tidal Desktop support WASAPI output? If there is support, and if you're using it, and if the sample rate of the stream from the source is supported by the DAC then there's no reason for Tidal to resample.

Doesn't Tidal Desktop support WASAPI output? If there is support, and if you're using it, and if the sample rate of the stream from the source is supported by the DAC then there's no reason for Tidal to resample.
Yeah you're right, but Tidal is too expensive right now. Apple music is getting resampled. I was wondering if there was any scope using a Pi or something with Apple Music running on it to get a bit perfect stream

Hi folks, I've been lurking the threads for a while and found a lot of good info. I had a doubt regarding an amplifier for my speakers. I currently have a pair of Elac Debut b5.2 driven by an Aiyima T9 Pro, with an ifi Zen DAC V2, and a small Edifier sub, mostly running Apple Music on my PC. I've been thinking about getting an integrated amplifier, something like a Marantz NR1200, but did not see such great reviews here. My main question was whether I was being limited by the amp. Music sounds great, but I was just wondering if I'm getting everything out of the speakers with this amp. If not, any recommendations for amps in the 50k range would be greatly appreciated.
The Aiyima T9 is a fantastic sounding amp - you'll be hard pressed to find anything convincingly better <50K. It's only short coming is that it cannot go loud, especially when low bass notes kick in.

If you want sound with a bit more body in the mids and power to go loud, checkout the Marantz PM6007.

Fosi ZA3 monoblocks are another good option if you want a more dynamic and lively sound and feel like engaging the x-bass button on the Zen DAC.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back