Stereo (or 2.1) System for Music and Movies (Budget ~30K)

Elangoas: Thank you. I thought there might be something wrong with the setting as the Sonodyne guy was not present and the Chorma guys were struggling to give a demo.
So I might give it another try.

Now, I tried it with 3.5-RCA cable, and it was 320kbps MP3... there was a major volume loss.
I have tried the same with a Marantz amp and had the same issue, but when I connected to PolkAudio Sourroundbar 5000 via bluetooth the same tracks sounded just fine.
It looks like there is a lot of signal loss when I am trying to connect with 3.5-RCA cable.

I noticed many amps (including Sonodyne) as a 3.5 AUX port on the front panel, is that meant for MP3 player and phones to connect via 3.5-3.5 cable without the signal loss issue?

The Tata Croma sales person may not be completely aware of this amplifiers & the functionalities.... Feel free to do it yourself & check...

Mp3 @ 320 Kbps is the next best if you dont have the files in WAV/FLAC (Lossless format)....

I have some FLAC/WAV material on my phone & i have played thru the Aux port in some stereo amplifieres.. Thought not the ideal way, it sounds very good...

Polk Soundbar 5000 is no match to any decent system.... They also will not have drivers as good as any BS speaker... So the sound doesn't get exposed..

Yes.. The front Aux port is meant for connecting the portable devices... They are not ideal way of connecting, but just as a feature....

If you have more digital files, and if you amplifier is anywhere close to the router, you should consider an amplifier with network capability...

BTW which phone do you use ?

@ saicode - As i suggested earlier, you may try the Sonodyne again juz to see if the settings are fine with stereo amplifier....Juz make sure all the setting on the amplifier are set to "0"....

Yes.. 3.5 mm Jack is the best way to connect a stereo amplifier.... What was the content that you were playing... Mp3 ?

If you are going to wall mount the speaker, front ported speakers might be better.....

You mean Boston Acoustics Soundware 2.1 is better than Mission MX1 BS speaker ? Strange.....

You are comparing a sat+sub combo with a BS speaker.....

No. Definitely not. I mean as his budget is 30k it well suits.
Mission is musical. I don't think whether this BS and amp comes to his budget.

Arijit: Thanks! I checked it out. M50W is not available Hifinage or amazon.in.
They have Swan M20W, which looks like a stripped down version of M50W and has one way satellites.

Karthik: Thanks for getting back. I guess you meant Mission MX1 was better, right?
How did the Boston Acoustics Soundware 2.1 sound compared to the MX1? Did it have enough details?

Elangoas: Thank you. I thought there might be something wrong with the setting as the Sonodyne guy was not present and the Chorma guys were struggling to give a demo.
So I might give it another try.

Now, I tried it with 3.5-RCA cable, and it was 320kbps MP3... there was a major volume loss.
I have tried the same with a Marantz amp and had the same issue, but when I connected to PolkAudio Sourroundbar 5000 via bluetooth the same tracks sounded just fine.
It looks like there is a lot of signal loss when I am trying to connect with 3.5-RCA cable.

I noticed many amps (including Sonodyne) as a 3.5 AUX port on the front panel, is that meant for MP3 player and phones to connect via 3.5-3.5 cable without the signal loss issue?

As elangoas said we cannot compare a BS with Sat+Sub.
If you can stretch your budget to 40k, try PSB Alpha BS.
Well go with Marantz or Nad.

No. Definitely not. I mean as his budget is 30k it well suits.
Mission is musical. I don't think whether this BS and amp comes to his budget.

Mission is also a very good speaker.. But unfortunately there are not many dealers in chennai who have this...

I have been listening to my Yamaha AS500 for the last 10 days and the speaker is polk TSI100. When I initially connected this speakers, I had doubt on the performance as generally many call yamaha as well as Polk are bright. But after a day, I found that the SQ is very good and surprisingly the Bass was more than enough with clear vocal and the high frequency which in my opinion is not bright at all that results in ear fatigue.This is also against the mp3 files which are @256kbps. Tsi 100 costs around 10k and can be wall mounted also.

Coming to connection, my source is BDP450 and the iPod. With the iPod connected to amp. thru 3.5 to 2 RCA, the only diff I could observe is ONLY the volume loss.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back